King Floyd Died 10th March

Guest Netspeaky

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Really underrated singer, I love 'Groove me' and 'I'm gonna fall in love with you'. Worth seeking out his 'Well Done' Lp shouldn't be too hard to find.

Sad to hear - good artist. Didn't realise Lynden David Hall recently died either from cancer I think. OK not a northern soul hero but he did cut some decent stuff in amongst all the crap that gets made today. RIP guys.

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Really underrated singer, I love 'Groove me' and 'I'm gonna fall in love with you'. Worth seeking out his 'Well Done' Lp shouldn't be too hard to find.

"I'm gonna fall in love" is a lovely cheap record on Chimneyville...almost like a 70's kids theme tune in places.

Social source share

b-side blog has a worthwhile feature on him

sound clip pics bio etc

https://redkelly.blogspot.com/2006/03/king-...e-leave-me.html

while news/articles section on front page has been a bit quiet on this side the last few weeks, it should be up to speed again shortly, there is a submit feature that can use here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/artic...dit.article.php

so feel free t

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...don't forget "Handle With Care" and "Please Don't leave Me Lonely", Mark - what a couple of crushers they are !!

BTW King's death actually made the national news on NBC's morning show on the day he died - shows just what sort of an impact "Groove Me" had for him to be remembered on a pan-America TV show that's watched by millions...

TONE :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert