• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest ang b

such a sad loss & a big shock as he seemed to do so well

our thoughts are with his family & friends

its frightening for he was not very old, it should be a wake up call for some of us

RIP nige

ang & paul x

Social source share

Guest Doris

Sorry to hear this news and a loss of one of the scenes nicest peeps , best wishes to all his family and close friends - Nige B big hugs to you and be strong , we all know how close you both were {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

Doris

Social source share

I didn't know Nigel but this thread has moved me tremendously.

For someone to have so many friends and for those friends to be so loyal in support and, sadly, in condolences is a huge tribute to Nigel and the man I am sure he was. I am sorry that I did not have the opportunity to meet him.

Rest In Peace Nigel, the thoughts of the entire scene are with you.

John.

Social source share

Guest Dodger

Didn't know Nige personally but I'd seen him around enough times and knew of him.

Always incredibly tragic when something like this happens and as people have already said, despite some of the silliness that can occur on these forums at time, when it all comes down to it everyone 'on the scene' to a man/woman are decent and caring individuals it's always proven at times like this.

Sincere condolences to Nige's family, frends and loved ones.

Rest in peace, fella

Roger

Social source share

Ginger just called me , hee dosnt use the internet but he has asked me to say this...

" Nige Shaw was a true charactor on the scene our paths didnt pass often but when they did i always knew we were in for a bloody good nite ,,, Condolences to the family ,,,,,,,RIP Buddy"

Ginger Taylor

Spoke to Linda to and she wishes to say the Family have been TRULY overwhelmed by all the tributes and good wishes for thier Son and Brother Thank you al So So Much.

Funeral arrangements will be announced as soon as hunanly possible

Nige B

Social source share

I didn't know Nigel but this thread has moved me tremendously.

For someone to have so many friends and for those friends to be so loyal in support and, sadly, in condolences is a huge tribute to Nigel and the man I am sure he was. I am sorry that I did not have the opportunity to meet him.

Rest In Peace Nigel, the thoughts of the entire scene are with you.

John.

That's beautifully said John, can I please echo that?

Colin

Social source share

I didnt really know him, think he said hi once or twice.

Its very sad.

He will be looked after - he is with good people - Randy Cozens (3 yrs ago on 15th) and Dave Godin.

Karen B

Social source share

very sad news

like many people i didn't know nigel very well at all but had chatted to him from time to time and he was a really friendly bloke. no age to die at.

condolences etc to his family and friends.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Totally shocked by the news. I'm stunned.

Got chatting to him at Sheridans a couple of years ago and was envious of all the acts/artists he'd met over the years.

Always had a natter at events from then on.

A truly decent guy with a wealth of knowledge.

Will be sorely missed, of that there is no doubt.

Hat's off to you, fella :)

Jamie

Social source share

Taken me a while to summon it up to post something on here.

Not all of you know me as I haven't been active on the scene for some time. But Nige was a true close friend and our friendship was deep - we looked out for each other. I can't believe he's gone.

The sheer volume of tributes and the kind words on here say it all. He brightened the place up with his enthusiasm and optimism, not to mention those effing shirts!!! But behind that cheeky smile, the wise cracks, the appalling one-liners and dirty chat-up lines, there was a very wise, caring man - a loyal friend. And then, for good measure, he had a cracking ear for a tune! I'm so gonna miss him.

You can enjoy the football now with the little fella. He's looking after you now Buddy.

See you. Love - MARK

Social source share

i did'nt know nige that well we'd met obviously at the marrs bar and other venues but i was lucky enough to go to the 100 club the night he d.j yd there he played two great spots and i know how much it meant to him. The scene will miss a character such as nigel shaw r.i p deepest symphathy to all his family and nige brown regards woody :)

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Really sad news.

Nige brought a tear to my eye when dedicating his last tune on DJing the 100 Club to his son who had passed on.

He brought a tear to my eye every time I looked at one of his shirts.

He really brought a tear to my eye when he grabbed my balls and twisted them for pulling his Cromwell Chinnybeard.

And he's still bringing tears to my eyes now.

RIP mate

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Terrible news :) Nige always found the time to come and have a chat with me and never failed to raise a smile with his banter. He had a caring nature that manifested itself during some of my darkest days and his sympathetic advice helped me focus on the more positive things in life ....I'll never forget when he came up to me during one of my Sunday afternoon sets at Cleethorpes. I'd just played 'Better'....he was beaming and gave me a huge hug and thanked me for playing the track....what a nice guy.

I think he reached his personal Nirvana when he dj'd at the 100 - he was so happy and proud to have twiddled the knobs and worked the decks before an appreciative crowd. He deserved his place on that stage - his taste in music and his passion for the vinyl put him where he belonged.

The one thing I can console myself with is that he is no longer in pain and will be re-united with his son. My thoughts go out to his 'soul twin' Nige B...what a wonderful photo, to his family and especially to Lindsey.

Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Neither me nor Michael knew Nigel, but reading this thread having been away for a few days has had me in tears.

Please add our names to the list of people offering there sympathies, condolences and love to Nigels friends and families.

RIP

Social source share

Been reading this thread since it started.

I'd never met Nige, but had seen him on a couple of occasions at the 100 club and when he was DJing and again in Middleton a couple of months ago.

Wasn't sure whether I should post anything, but after reading some of the posts today I felt compelled to at least send my condolences to all those that DID know him.

Best wishes

Jonboy

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Very Sad News Indeed,we use to chat regularly on his visits to the Notts area,allways enjoyed his company and banter,so sad too see him go..Peace Brother. Graham&Rosy.

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

what a waste, very sad news, like Mark Bailden I only met him a few times, a real presence and he'll be sorely missed at any gathering of Soulies :) R.I.P

Chris & Carlos

Social source share

Did"nt really know Nige but was introduced to him thru my partner Sue a few times always remember him by the shirts he wore a really nice man and will be missed LOADS on the Soul Scene .

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all his family and Nige (Brown)

RIP NIGE.

Malc & Sue

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Very Sad

Only met Nige a few times, from the second I met him I though he was a good lad, struck me from the get go as a gent.

My sympathies are with his family and friends

Rest in Peace Nige

Byrney

Social source share

sad news ,did not know, mr nige shaw, but listened to him play in the queen vic at prestatin, played some very nice stuff ,so sorry to here the bad news, my regards go out to family and frends mr j.p.

Social source share

sad news ,did not know, mr nige shaw, but listened to him play in the queen vic at prestatin, played some very nice stuff ,so sorry to here the bad news, my regards go out to family and frends mr j.p.

I'm absolutely shocked. A top man & a true ambassador for the scene. Pretty speechless right now, cant beleive it.

My thoughts go out to all of Nige's family & friends, especialy Lindsay.

You'll be missed my friend, give em hell upstairs.

Condolences

Russx

Social source share

Very sad to hear the news.

We met Nige for the first and sadly the last time at Torquay weekender May 2005, we had several chats with him and Nige B over the weekend and they both came across as really nice guys,we are not collectors,DJ's or promoters just punters who enjoy good quality soul music and even though they were aware of that they still had time to talk to us as well.

We particularly remember a record by Frank Howard called Judy played by Nige S which we have never heard played out anywhere else since although have recently managed to get it on a CD, a great song which will now always remind us of a really nice man who will be sadly missed on the scene just as much as Derek Allen has been.

Sincere condolences to Nige B and to all Nige S family and friends, our thoughts are with you.

Paul & Sue, Doncaster.

Social source share

Guest partytimegirl

Like Molly said earlier we have only known both Nig Shaw and Nig B (dad) for about 2 years but in that time have become close freinds. When ever i saw Nig he always made me laugh and we had good times.

When i visited Nig in hospital after his first operation it really upset me to see him in so much pain and i wished that i could have done something to take that pain away. When he went back into hospital the second time god only knows what pain he must have been suffering i am releived that he is suffering no more.

My only regret is i was never able to see him again and give him all the money that i had raised at Cleethorpes and tell him how much all his friends wished him well and were looking forward to seeing him back on the scene.

Nig my friend rest in peace, i will always remember you, your phone calls on Monday night, your happy face and dont worry about your dad Nig b, we will take care of him for you.

all my love and kisses always

Tracy xxx

Social source share

So sorry to hear of Nige's passing.

I've only known him for a couple of years, but we spent many a fun hour at Sheridans 'arguing' over the merits of R&B - all in jest - both given and taken.

I'll miss his pleasant demeanor and wicked sense of humour.

RIP Nige.

Cheers,

Joe.

Social source share

I had a look through all my photos this evening and have popped all the ones I could find of Nigel on a webpage if anyone would like to download them.

They are here: Nige Shaw

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Choked, gutted and sincerely saddened since hearing the terrible news yesterday tea time.

A true gentlemen with a calm aura and always able to keep Carole on the floor with his love of beat ballads.

Heart felt condolences and sympathy go out to his family and of course Lindsay.

Steve & Carole C

Social source share

As people may know, Cheltenham Soul nights have been temporarily stopped.

Nige was due to dj at the last one and attended regulary.

Have been in touch with the Saracens and they still have September 8th (Friday) Available.

Have booked it, they have donated the Hall FREE

So we will be putting on a Nige Shaw Memorial Night.

Need some input on where to send the money

I dont want a hot debate

so PM me and i will announce what's best

Pete French

Social source share

Very sad news about Nige, a truly great guy, full of fun and dedicated to soul music. We will all miss him and all the help he gave to us at Prestatyn and his work on Brean. His passing will leave a huge hole in the scene in the South West and his really close friends will miss him tremendously. Our thoughts are with family ,girlfriend and the close circle of friends who were there for him during his illness. RIP Nige

Rob & Karen Wigley , John & Angie Poole , Mark Fletcher & Karen.

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

As people may know, Cheltenham Soul nights have been temporarily stopped.

Nige was due to dj at the last one and attended regulary.

Have been in touch with the Saracens and they still have September 8th (Friday) Available.

Have booked it, they have donated the Hall FREE

So we will be putting on a Nige Shaw Memorial Night.

Need some input on where to send the money

I dont want a hot debate

so PM me and i will announce what's best

Pete French

Maybe the British Heart foundation? or a charity that he himself supported...I'm sure his family would be able to suggest somewhere suitable

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert