Barbara Mason

Craig W

Had this come yesterday on a one sided Arctic promo and playing this at home relaxing before I go out and listening to it thinking what a superb record it is.

I actually sold The UK Action Barbara Mason Lp Oh how it hurts which this was on a few years ago because everything on it seemed a little slow. I wish I had kept it now.Funny how your tastes change.

barbaramason.mp3

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Had this come yesterday on a one sided Arctic promo and playing this at home relaxing before I go out and listening to it thinking what a superb record it is.

I actually sold The UK Action Barbara Mason Lp Oh how it hurts which this was on a few years ago because everything on it seemed a little slow. I wish I had kept it now.Funny how your tastes change.

Just Gorgeous isn't it.

Always Loved her 'little girl' vocals.

Of the Arctic sides "Yes I'm Ready" and the flip "Keep Him" have always been a fave, but fans will also love "Half A Love" (very similar in feel to "I Dont Wanna Lose You") and my old PITCHES spin from about 10 years ago "You Better Stop It" which is crossover perfection!

Of the Buddah sides, the reply to Shirley Brown's "Woman To Woman" entitled "From His Woman To You" is another winner!

Just remembered I have an old video of Barbara doing "Yes I'm Ready" live on stage... and she brought the house down.

Wish I'd been there!

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Just Gorgeous isn't it.

Of the Arctic sides "Yes I'm Ready" and the flip "Keep Him" have always been a fave, but fans will also love "Half A Love" (very similar in feel to "I Dont Wanna Lose You") and my old PITCHES spin from about 10 years ago "You Better Stop It" which is crossover perfection!

Oh it was your old spin was it :shades:

Social source share

Just Gorgeous isn't it.

Sean Hampsey

Recently rediscovered her thru the Philly steps project but she really doesnt do it for me.

My kids love the handance mix of Yes Im Ready....My son thinks she sounds like she wakes up drunk and finds an orchestra playing and a choir singing Are you ready?????? It s a bit odd.Little girl...nah....sounds like she s been to Yarmouth!

Love the Peoples Choice' I Like s to Do it' tho, from the same cd.

Social source share

The Philly Steps Tom Moulton Remix of Yes I'm Ready is always the last record of the night at The Family Tree gig. Love it when the owner of the club asks to play one more before closing - eight minutes later they are still dancing - bet he wishes we still played two & a half minute stompers. Brilliant record IMHO.

Social source share

Hi Craig

Great artist - love all her stuff - check out her National General album and the 2 Bear Family CDs from a few years back which contain unissued material as well as being excellent packages of her Arctic material.

Please drop my blog which has a brief piece on her as a prelude to her appearance at the NJ Soul trip in a few weeks time:-

https://indangerousrhythm.blogspot.com/2006...april-29th.html

There's also a link in the above to an excellent interview with her on a Swedish website.

Cheers

Colin

Social source share

Hi. I have the LP on Action for sale in EX/NM condition. If anyone wants it make me a decent offer. Cheers.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert