TheBigO

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest sigher the gutter snype

Anyone help with a value on this Modern gem please? SteveG, you out there????

i agree

way way too much

i got sent that clip of the ebay seller

very mediocre indeed

Social source share

Guest wrighty

One went on ebay about 2 months back for just over $800 Neil.

Personally thought that was just over $800 too much, but horses for courses. :lol:

actually it was a little over $900 jason, and a couple of copies went thru for that :thumbsup:

Social source share

actually it was a little over $900 jason, and a couple of copies went thru for that :lol:

$900 was it? I knew it was a bit much for what it was. Unless it suddenly turns amazing after the fade out I can't hear $900 worth in the clip that should be attached.

...and as for the couple going through...we discussed that, didn't we...before it ended :thumbsup:

iceomaticA.mp3

Social source share

Have both a and b sides, I like it!!! Then again I'm old enough to have been round the block a few times and to be quite frank, and 3 kids later, I think the Dora The Explorer theme is good too!!!! Have a chance for one at $1000 approx. thats why I was asking.

Social source share

Not as bad as people claim; not as good as a £500 tune should be, though. Another case of an enigmatic artists name selling an obscure record? Possibly. I know it always gives me a very slight buzz if a good record just happens to have a strange title or band/artist moniker.

Can any of you discofunk boys explain why that Carmen "Throwdown" record on ebay should always arouse such massive interest. That really is w-nk, if you ask me.

Social source share

$900 was it? I knew it was a bit much for what it was. Unless it suddenly turns amazing after the fade out I can't hear $900 worth in the clip that should be attached. ...ended :thumbsup:

Attached File(s)

music.gif iceomaticA.mp3 ( 1.46mb ) Number of downloads: 48

.......hmm, is this an early attempt at the Chill-Out genre????

..or early 'Kool and the Gang', without the bass........or the rythm, for that matter????????

...oooh, I get it, the seller pays the buyer $900, to TAKE THE RECORD AWAY :D

Social source share

Not as bad as people claim; not as good as a £500 tune should be, though. Another case of an enigmatic artists name selling an obscure record? Possibly. I know it always gives me a very slight buzz if a good record just happens to have a strange title or band/artist moniker.

Can any of you discofunk boys explain why that Carmen "Throwdown" record on ebay should always arouse such massive interest. That really is w-nk, if you ask me.

It's supremely mediocre (IMO) and I suppose when you read sales pitches that go along the lines of 'incredible modern soul, blah blah blah' or the like and then it turns out to be the exact opposite you sort get a bit riled and feel like someone's having a laugh or something. Like you say, it's £500 worth of 'obscure recent discovery' which is kind of what you're paying for, regardless of whether it's any good. Sure, great artist name, dreary track. If it was £500 worth of new discovery that was up there with the best and there wasn't the suspicion that there are 'quite a few copies waiting to be dripped out' then it'd probably be worth every penny. But it's not in both cases. That Carmen thing HAS to be (and apologies to the French on here) yet another dodgy French boogie colletor's tactical bidding business...it's happened so times on this type of stuff, usually by French boogie collectors bidding stuff right up probably to increase the percieved value of copies they have, so they can then try to use that (false) auction price to justify their asking prices. Either that or those two guys are mad, deaf or just ill cos it's shite. Discofunk boys, indeed! :thumbsup:

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

when i got that clip off ebay a good few moths i thought.

yeah ok, obscure and shite, ill bid about 20 bucks. man like you said brew

theres some deaf mothers out there.

thats never going to be a big record and i wouldnt play it at kids partys.

errrmm..not that i dj at kids partys :thumbsup: ..but probably about my limit :D

and they said executive jam 45 was like a pub singer!!

at least it has a little bit more to it than that SHITE-O-MATIC

anyone ever heard this

SAGE "IM ALIVE"...GOOD ONE IF YOU ASK ME?

Social source share

errrmm..not that i dj at kids partys :thumbsup: ..but probably about my limit :D

anyone ever heard this

SAGE ....GOOD ONE IF YOU ASK ME?

Social source share

anyone ever heard this

SAGE "IM ALIVE"...GOOD ONE IF YOU ASK ME?

ok forget it. :D i hate trying to add clips

always are too big or something

anyway that sage was the rarest best modern crossover 45 ever recorded :shhh:

JUST OFF TO HANG MYSELF.

Social source share

$900 was it? I knew it was a bit much for what it was. Unless it suddenly turns amazing after the fade out I can't hear $900 worth in the clip that should be attached.

...and as for the couple going through...we discussed that, didn't we...before it ended blush.gif

Oh dear! Somebody needs to give the keyboard player a slap...a fool andhis money blah blah blah...

MRez

Who paid $900 for this?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert