John & Wiedest

shute

Bought this many many years ago, late 70s

was it booted then or not ?

this one has a slight flaut at beginning that does not affect play only a slight click

there is a a circled stamped/scratch with some sort of lettering in

May sell this ????????????

post-1588-1143558992_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

this one has a slight flaut at beginning that does not affect play only a slight click

I shall pay you in bon bons Mr Shute Sir blush.gifwhistling.gif

Social source share

Thats a boot mate but your memory is going because this wasn't booted until about 1992. If you can see the light bulb through it, it's a boot. If you put the needle on the record, you'll hear surface noise from the copy they booted it on start up a split second before the track starts.

Social source share

This was Booted in 1992 at the same time as Bobby Sheen "Something New To Do" and done by the same people! thumbsup.gif

Only 2-3 dealers had them. Very few people bought them and they were both scorned upon at the time as the scene had become very much a 'collectors' scene by that time.

Very sad to see that bootlegging is as bad, these days, as it's ever been. A sure sign that the masses have returned.

Social source share

This was Booted in 1992 at the same time as Bobby Sheen "Something New To Do" and done by the same people! thumbsup.gif

Only 2-3 dealers had them. Very few people bought them and they were both scorned upon at the time as the scene had become very much a 'collectors' scene by that time.

Very sad to see that bootlegging is as bad, these days, as it's ever been. A sure sign that the masses have returned.

I thought they sold pretty well Sean thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I thought they sold pretty well Sean thumbsup.gif

It's a relative thing I guess. I imagine only a couple of 100 went out cos' I remember how we all looked at them with some disdain. I knew of a couple of people who sent them back at the time and a lot of other people who wouldn't touch them with a Barge Pole.

Go back 30 years when a 'Top Sound Bootleg' would sell 5-6,000 copies - that's what I'm comparing it too!... But you're right, along with the Bobby Sheen, the Bootlegger will have still made a pretty penny!

Social source share

It's a relative thing I guess. I imagine only a couple of 100 went out cos' I remember how we all looked at them with some disdain. I knew of a couple of people who sent them back at the time and a lot of other people who wouldn't touch them with a Barge Pole.

Go back 30 years when a 'Top Sound Bootleg' would sell 5-6,000 copies - that's what I'm comparing it too!... But you're right, along with the Bobby Sheen, the Bootlegger will have still made a pretty penny!

From memory (and it wasn't me that did them) there were 500 of each done, and they ALL sold.

The difference in the typeface on the John & The Wierdest is a slight difference in the letter T of the label name.

The Bobby Sheen boots were identical, but the way to tell the boots is that the labels were a little shiny compared to the originals. Mind you, in the last 14 years that shine may well have worn off, so I wouldn't like to try and tell them apart nowadays.

Social source share

From memory (and it wasn't me that did them) there were 500 of each done, and they ALL sold.

The difference in the typeface on the John & The Wierdest is a slight difference in the letter T of the label name.

The Bobby Sheen boots were identical, but the way to tell the boots is that the labels were a little shiny compared to the originals. Mind you, in the last 14 years that shine may well have worn off, so I wouldn't like to try and tell them apart nowadays.

My point exactly Dave, pretty small fry compared to the heady days of the 70's when such Monster Tunes as Johnny Caswell sold over 5,000 copies and Gloria Jones, Tainted Love, both on 'US CHAMPION' :lol: sold nearer 10,000.

As I recall, the actual way to tell the Bobby Sheen WB Boots from the real ones is that the A & B sides are reversed! i.e wrong A side/ B side.

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

This was Booted in 1992 at the same time as Bobby Sheen "Something New To Do" and done by the same people! :lol:

Shute's had this 45 for a very long time and has been "assured" it's a proper one for a long time now ... must be gutted if it is a boot ... hope it's not Kev :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert