Open The Door To Your Heart

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Would like the Mobs versions as people keep seeing on here they know my fav is Jackie Wilson version my all time fav Northern soul track, i tell you if there's a house fire i will mad rush to get my Higher and Higher LP

Social source share

I'm currently quite fond of the Art Ensley version, really unusual voice and some very curious harmonies :yes:

Greayt version, Its on Shiptown.......One in my sale's box £100 If any ones interested

Social source share

I'm currently quite fond of the Art Ensley version, really unusual voice and some very curious harmonies :yes:

Not heard that version Rachel - but a mate of mine years back had a version on a pink (?) label ( Not D. Banks.... ) - that Pat Brady covered up briefly ( Same time he covered the Groovers - Aint Too Proud To Beg as an unreleased Steve Mancha version ) at Bradford Queens Hall many moons ago. Anyone any ideas ?

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Guest rachel

Not heard that version Rachel - but a mate of mine years back had a version on a pink (?) label ( Not D. Banks.... ) - that Pat Brady covered up briefly ( Same time he covered the Groovers - Aint Too Proud To Beg as an unreleased Steve Mancha version ) at Bradford Queens Hall many moons ago. Anyone any ideas ?

ATB

Rich

Art_Ensley___The_Fabulous_Echos_Band___Open_The_Door_To_Your_Heart.mp3

Social source share

I'm currently quite fond of the Art Ensley version, really unusual voice and some very curious harmonies whistling.gif

It's not bad at all - but I'm of the opinion that once Darrell Banks did a song it stayed done! I think it's one of those songs that was so well written that it's difficult to do a bad version, but I guess I'll probably be proved wrong on this! Given the fact that this seems to sell for far more than DB's version on a value for money basis alone , I'll stick with DB.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...So how come nobody's yet mentioned how good Freddie Scott's version (on his Shout LP) is?. Not as good as Darrell's, naturally, but definitely better than any of the other versions cited above (with the exception of Jackie Wilson's perhaps...)

Gregory Isaacs also did a cool reggae version in 1974 on Stop Point records (Jamaican and UK)...

TONE :shades:

Social source share

There's also Vikki Styles .... same backing .... different vocals.

I know it doesn't really count as a different version ... but it proves what a fantastic bit of music this is ..... pure genius.

I think this is one of the best records ever ... i love it!(Vikki that is) :shades:

Social source share

Tony & the Tonics,uk album on Toast nice version :shades:

What IS this track called, heard it elsewhere a few times without ever finding out what it was, and off what album on UK (?) Toast is it from, apart from just Tony & The Tonics? Title of Lp? Toast label number?

And not that it matters but what's this track got to do with the Darrell Banks 'Open The Door To Your Heart' thread?

Social source share

Top "Version" (IMO) is by Major Lance on WB.

Worst "Version" (IMO) is by Amen Corner... just as a matter of interest!

Sean Hampsey

wasnt amen corner "our love is in the pocket" ?

Top "Version" (IMO) is by Major Lance on WB.

Worst "Version" (IMO) is by Amen Corner... just as a matter of interest!

Sean Hampsey

wasnt amen corner "our love is in the pocket" ?

Social source share

What IS this track called, heard it elsewhere a few times without ever finding out what it was, and off what album on UK (?) Toast is it from, apart from just Tony & The Tonics? Title of Lp? Toast label number?

And not that it matters but what's this track got to do with the Darrell Banks 'Open The Door To Your Heart' thread?

The fact that the trakc"open up the door to your heart" is on the album dont count?,and another D,Banks trakc too,"i get the feeling" or "i got the feeling" cant remember which,not got album anymore,gave Pete Lawson it for is birthday years ago!! :shades:

Social source share

The fact that the trakc"open up the door to your heart" is on the album dont count?,and another D,Banks trakc too,"i get the feeling" or "i got the feeling" cant remember which,not got album anymore,gave Pete Lawson it for is birthday years ago!! smile.gif

Hang on, have I got this right, this 'stompa' instrumental soundbyte you've posted, which is great by the way, was on the Tony & The Tonics UK Lp on Toast? (Is that the LP with a big red double decker bus on it?)

Tony & The Tonics did versions of Darrell Banks 'Open The Door To Your Heart' and 'I Get The Feeling' on this same Lp, as well as this instrumental. Have I got that right now?

My question about how this instrumental soundbyte was relevant to the thread was based on the fact that everybody was offering different versions of DB songs. This instrumental soundbyte surely wasn't a DB version, or at least wasn't a DB version instrumental? Right? Forgive me. It's getting late and I'm tired.

Social source share

Hang on, have I got this right, this 'stompa' instrumental soundbyte you've posted, which is great by the way, was on the Tony & The Tonics UK Lp on Toast? (Is that the LP with a big red double decker bus on it?)

Tony & The Tonics did versions of Darrell Banks 'Open The Door To Your Heart' and 'I Get The Feeling' on this same Lp, as well as this instrumental. Have I got that right now?

My question about how this instrumental soundbyte was relevant to the thread was based on the fact that everybody was offering different versions of DB songs. This instrumental soundbyte surely wasn't a DB version, or at least wasn't a DB version instrumental? Right? Forgive me. It's getting late and I'm tired.

"Stompa"is part of me signature Dembo,its there all the time smile.gif there`s a thread somewhere what will explain all,look at your box somewhere?,called identify the "Stompa".............. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Anyone looking for a "Tony & The Tonics" LP on Toast will be looking for a VERY long time - the actual name of the group in question was Joe E. Young and the Toniks. I've never heard the LP but their Toast 45 "Lifetime Of Lovin" was, as I remember, pretty decent 60s Britsoul. As, for that matter, was Amen Corner's "Our Love Is In The Pocket", as mentioned above...

TONE smile.gif

Social source share

ATB

Rich

Rich

Not the best version I've heard but it may have been this?

Mark

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

There is a normal soul version by Oliver Darley from around 1999. But still love the older 60's and 70's versions

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert