The Albert Perception Lp "one Life" Oc Smith Vocals

Guest Adam G

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Since I'm on the other side of the world , please tell me , why the demand on this LP ? Suddenly gone big in the UK for a particular track , has it then ?

I've got this LP but haven't pulled it out of the vaults for years!

Does it really have OC Smith involvement ?

Thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Adam G

The Albert apparantly had another lp out on perception as well as the one discussed in the early seventies.They are both self Titled but there was a demand for the lp number plp4.Its my mistake mentioning OC Smith it should of course be Otis Smith who was the bands percussionist as well as vocalist.The track thats in demand is "One Life".I find the rest of the lp a little boring never been one for rocky progressive jazz

Adam

Social source share

Guest Dodger

The Albert apparantly had another lp out on perception as well as the one discussed in the early seventies.They are both self Titled but there was a demand for the lp number plp4.Its my mistake mentioning OC Smith it should of course be Otis Smith who was the bands percussionist as well as vocalist.The track thats in demand is "One Life".I find the rest of the lp a little boring never been one for rocky progressive jazz

Adam

I bought their other LP by mistake a few years back when I was looking for the album with 'One Life' on it after hearing Dean Johnson play the track when guesting on Richard Searling's show. As you say, it's rock/funk/jazz and doesn't do much for me but 'One Life' is a tune, though it goes a bit weird at the end.

Once you find out the going rate Ads me old mucker me lad (I still say it's a 25 quidder) I do believe it's now your solemn duty to offer it to the first person who responded to this thread, to disregard the rest of the slowcoaches, and not be swayed by offers of extra money!! :thumbsup::D:D

Social source share

Guest recordman

OTIS SMITH ....was he not the guy who was involved / owned Beverley Glen Records ?

You know the one, the label where none of the artists got paid ..

Social source share

OTIS SMITH ....was he not the guy who was involved / owned Beverley Glen Records ?

You know the one, the label where none of the artists got paid ..

It's Otis Smith as in Northern classic "Let Her Go" on same label Perception. "One life" is a killer crossover dancer and Otis sounds brilliant on it. Where the track goes a bit odd at the end is because it merges into a slow jazz / rock piece that follows, but all you have to do is fade it out. Very easy. I wouldn't know what to price this at. When I got my copy about 6 years ago it was £30, and you used to see the odd copy about, but now you never see it.

Jordi

Social source share

Guest Dodger

When I got my copy about 6 years ago it was £30, and you used to see the odd copy about, but now you never see it.

Jordi

There's no real and tangible reason why the price of these records should increase so that would back up my price of £25. :thumbsup: Come on Garbutt, get it sorted mate and I may even sort you out with those CD's I promised you in 2001. :D:D:D

Social source share

I bought their other LP by mistake a few years back when I was looking for the album with 'One Life' on it after hearing Dean Johnson play the track when guesting on Richard Searling's show. As you say, it's rock/funk/jazz and doesn't do much for me but 'One Life' is a tune, though it goes a bit weird at the end.

Once you find out the going rate Ads me old mucker me lad (I still say it's a 25 quidder) I do believe it's now your solemn duty to offer it to the first person who responded to this thread, to disregard the rest of the slowcoaches, and not be swayed by offers of extra money!! :yes::D:lol:

ditto roger i to bought the wrong album thumbsup.gif

mark

Social source share

Hello anyone have an idea whats the usual price on this lp.(one coming up for sale)

Cheers Adam

Hi Adam

Paid 40 dabs for this quite a few years ago, spun it recently in an 'Album Only' sesh at t'Orwell great tune............

Baz

Social source share

• 6 years later...
Guest manchain

It's Otis Smith as in Northern classic "Let Her Go" on same label Perception. "One life" is a killer crossover dancer and Otis sounds brilliant on it. Where the track goes a bit odd at the end is because it merges into a slow jazz / rock piece that follows, but all you have to do is fade it out. Very easy. I wouldn't know what to price this at. When I got my copy about 6 years ago it was £30, and you used to see the odd copy about, but now you never see it.

Jordi

Anyone got the 'One Life' record to sell?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert