Who Was This In Real Life?

Wiganer1

rubin - youve been away - Kapp records

still rare on the US issue although demos do turn up more frequently

legend has it ,or so im told that it was pressed as rubin parker on rita when it got played after eddie parker at the torch,,not sure how true it is..

a one off artist ?

ps

ill never forget when i heard this at wigan at the end of an era,(my first all niter) the claps and foostomps in the 'breaks' ,,was phenominal.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

legend has it ,or so im told that it was pressed as rubin parker on rita when it got played after eddie parker at the torch,,not sure how true it is..

a one off artist ?

ps

ill never forget when i heard this at wigan at the end of an era,(my first all niter) the claps and foostomps in the 'breaks' ,,was phenominal.

i've got that boot somewhere, think it's green lettering on a white background. mine has a catacombs stamp on it which dates it to sometime in the earlty-mid 70s (?).

Social source share

a one off artist ?

ps

I've had my RITA copy of Rubin 'Parker' since 1973. An early Selectadisc Boot if my memory serves me right!

Social source share

& I'll never forget hearing it in a Catfood Commercial for Felix....My mate John Fraser phoned me up & said what the FCUK is going on....Me & Karen sitting down watching telly Rubin Youv'e Been Away come on the telly for a Catfood commercial He said Karen & I Jumped Up & & Started Dancing [as you do]....John said I think the Kids think were Mad Dancing to Cat Food Commercials.....

Jon Buck

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert