William Bell

Does anyone on here know if this version of "Forever wouldnt be too long" was released on 7 inch Stax or was it just on his 1992 album "A little something extra" I have included a soundfile of it, as I reckon its a brill tune. Any info on it would be gratefully appreciated whistling.gif

Dawn

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone on here know if this version of "Forever wouldnt be too long" was released on 7 inch Stax or was it just on his 1992 album "A little something extra" I have included a soundfile of it, as I reckon its a brill tune. Any info on it would be gratefully appreciated whistling.gif

Dawn

The album was made up entirely of unreleased Stax material, so, sadly, no 7 inch 45!

Another great track from this CD 'Lets Do Something Together' which is a cool midtempo number was massive at Thorne, Canal Tavern, in the early 90's. Agree though, "Forever" is a superb, gritty Sam N' Dave type stomper that should be given wide exposure.

Social source share

The album was made up entirely of unreleased Stax material, so, sadly, no 7 inch 45!

Another great track from this CD 'Lets Do Something Together' which is a cool midtempo number was massive at Thorne, Canal Tavern, in the early 90's. Agree though, "Forever" is a superb, gritty Sam N' Dave type stomper that should be given wide exposure.

Thanks Sean

Every chuffing time I do this wink.gif (unreleased 45's)... makes you think about all the lost opportunitys these record companies have had over the years just banging em out on an album. Were the ones mentioned only recorded in the 9t's then or were they done years previously and kept in the can???

Social source share

Thanks Sean

Every chuffing time I do this wink.gif (unreleased 45's)... makes you think about all the lost opportunitys these record companies have had over the years just banging em out on an album. Were the ones mentioned only recorded in the 9t's then or were they done years previously and kept in the can???

All of these unreleased William Bell tracks were recorded at Stax Records, Memphis, Tennessee, in 1962 and 1965-67 and as you said, remained in the can for some 25 years. Doubt if anyone (even the Mighty Mr Bell) could have recreated the authentic 60's sound of Booker T. Jones, Steve Cropper, Duck Dunn, Al Jackson Jr. and Isaac Hayes in the 90's, although William's output is still strong even in the past few years!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert