• Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest hammy

INteresting.

A lot more crossover-y than the released take. However - the flip to the actual release is a bit more in that vein, if a bit slower than this.

Cheers for sharing.

Hammy

Social source share

INteresting.

A lot more crossover-y than the released take. However - the flip to the actual release is a bit more in that vein, if a bit slower than this.

Cheers for sharing.

Hammy

Yeah I thought this was a very very strange take because it bears such little resemblence to the original, and sounds a couple of years later too. It gets better, but I don't want whoever owns the acetate to have a fit so I only put a minute on.

Social source share

Yeah I thought this was a very very strange take because it bears such little resemblence to the original, and sounds a couple of years later too. It gets better, but I don't want whoever owns the acetate to have a fit so I only put a minute on.

It's an earlier studio take by John Bowie, which when you play it, the singing and sparse backing sounds a touch too slow. The last time I saw it Rob Thomas had just bought back from the US so god knows where it is now he as 'retired'. There's probably a recent cut of it from when I cleaned and speeded up the original for him a couple of years ago.

Social source share

It's an earlier studio take by John Bowie, which when you play it, the singing and sparse backing sounds a touch too slow. The last time I saw it Rob Thomas had just bought back from the US so god knows where it is now he as 'retired'. There's probably a recent cut of it from when I cleaned and speeded up the original for him a couple of years ago.

Yes Andy sent it me, but he says he's lost the cleaned up version!

Social source share

This version has a deeper and more soulful beat, not such a tinny sound as the other version. Organ and drum's sound brilliant and love how it build's up toward's the end of track. His voice has more depth to it and thank god those awful backing singer's are absent. whistling.gif

Can understand some not being keen, but to describe as Crap. :thumbsup:

Karen

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert