Trying To Make Ends Meet

Guest Ste Brazil

Guest Ste Brazil

I heard this great Funk track played by Butch at a Soul weekender in Barcelona last year, it is by Earl English / Apaches and i imagine very rare - well i've never seen it anywhere for sale anyway! Has anybody any idea of the going rate and how many of these are in existence etc?

Ste. :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I heard this great Funk track played by Butch at a Soul weekender in Barcelona last year, it is by Earl English / Apaches and i imagine very rare - well i've never seen it anywhere for sale anyway! Has anybody any idea of the going rate and how many of these are in existence etc?

Going rate - lots

Copies in existence (known at least) - not many

Came out twice actually, slightly different mixes. Apaches on Big 8 (with a killer x-over flip) and as Earl English on Six-Toe. Opinions are divided as to which mix is better....either way it's a monster.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Two versions. Forget the Apaches version, you want the Earl English version.

Butch first heard it played at Gihon in North Spain by Wrighty if my memory serves me right.

Pretty fucking tough. Sold my first copy for £2500 in the summer of 2000 before getting it back for around $1200 I think a couple of years ago. I let it go in a trade for Joseph Webster if I remember rightly.

Forget what the Brew says about the debate about best version, there is only the Earl English version to worry about.

You can hear it here.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Two versions. Forget the Apaches version, you want the Earl English version.

Butch first heard it played at Gihon in North Spain by Wrighty if my memory serves me right.

Pretty fucking tough. Sold my first copy for £2500 in the summer of 2000 before getting it back for around $1200 I think a couple of years ago. I let it go in a trade for Joseph Webster if I remember rightly.

Forget what the Brew says about the debate about best version, there is only the Earl English version to worry about.

You can hear it here.

Oh dear thmbdn.gifthmbdn.gifthmbdn.gif .

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Quite a releif I would have thought whistling.gif .

Russ

You clearly do not feel the Funk Sir!! :thumbsup:

Another question....This single (Trying to make...) is on a rare funk compilation alongside a track called 'Come on down to the Ghetto - Superlatives, any idea of the value/availability? I have a copy but am pretty sure it's not THAT rare??

Ste.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert