Ebay Fraudster?

Mike B

At one time I though Belgiums biggest claims to fame were Phillipe Albert, Poirot and chocolate - not so, repeated attempts to scam Northern Soul collectors is up there with them:

Check this one out peeps :

INNA2220

Then have a look at Pat Bradys site because thats where he's nicked most of the pictures of the 45's from

Avoid this ebay seller like the plague methinks :D

Cheers

Mike B

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Mar 11 2006, 09:06 PM) link
At one time I though Belgiums biggest claims to fame were Phillipe Albert, Poirot and chocolate - not so, repeated attempts to scam Northern Soul collectors is up there with them:

Check this one out peeps :

INNA2220

Then have a look at Pat Bradys site because thats where he's nicked most of the pictures of the 45's from

Avoid this ebay seller like the plague methinks :D

Cheers

Mike B

E-bay fraudsters will soon out number the collectors.. Carl Willingham recently won a non-exsistant record where the guy lifted the scan. Carl sussed it and asked for the deadwax info..unable to supply of coarse.. always a wise move.. before payment... if you're suspicious.
Social source share

Yep you're spot on John and if you hadn't brought out the bootleg books there would be even more people losing out...

I know you put your site address across your scans and I generally do the same with the more expensive 45's that I sell on ebay - its not a failproof system of course but it does make it harder for the fraudsters who use these scans :angry:

Its a pity more people don't 'mark' the scan with something.

If it looks too good to be true it probably is - I know 'cos I've been caught out before but fortunately didn't lose out financially.

Cheers

Mike B

Social source share

I think he has more than one username this time. Check this:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26066

Its a bit late at night for me to be playing poirot but the seller of this that Lars has flagged up 'dick baker' is the person who is bidding on the groovettes...

I tried to contact one of the bidders to warn them but ebay will only let you contact one person a day if you are not buying or selling with them and I'd exceeded my limit of one :thumbsup:

Mike B

Edited by Mike B
Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Mar 12 2006, 12:10 AM) link

Its a bit late at night for me to be playing poirot but the seller of this that Lars has flagged up 'dick baker' is the person who is bidding on the groovettes...

I tried to contact one of the bidders to warn them but ebay will only let you contact one person a day if you are not buying or selling with them and I'd exceeded my limit of one :thumbsup:

Mike B

If a buyer won't accept paypal, then there's got to be something iffy going on!

He has the same 2 bidders (both new members) bidding against each other, so a bit of shill bidding going on me thinks....

Definately buyer beware!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert