The Real Thing

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'll bet most people will remember The Real Thing.

But few will know this...

I hope you like it.

:ohmy::lol: lp or 45 (always wanted to check out their stuff as not being a soul snob i thought their chart hits were quite nice, so its obvious thought there may be the odd good track on lp etc)

Social source share

:ohmy::lol: lp or 45 (always wanted to check out their stuff as not being a soul snob i thought their chart hits were quite nice, so its obvious thought there may be the odd good track on lp etc)

Cheers for comments. Will have to get back to you in a few days though.

Thought it was 12" but as track is only 3.32mins, seems strange now.

Social source share

Cheers for comments. Will have to get back to you in a few days though.

Thought it was 12" but as track is only 3.32mins, seems strange now.

Like it :thumbsup:they must have writen this,when we lived with em` in the same house,in Liverpool 8.me mother said they where allways skint,cadgin` joints,fags,coffee,etc...........true!!

Edited by ken
Social source share

Got this on 7" - UK only on Calibre if I'm not mistaken. Speaking of which, also got the 4 Tops doing "Your Song" on a 7" on Calibre too. I know the 12's of it seem to be plentiful...don't see the 7 so much it seems. What's the going rate on either of those...any ideas?

Social source share

Very, very nice. One of tHe nice thing about thew Real Thing is that becuase of their local connections they were very very real. Met somebody once who was either their manger or knew somebody who they wanted to be their manager. All so long ago now that myth and reality have become entwined. But, anyway, Colin Areetee never wanted to be a soul singer just a singer like Tom Jones. A common thing I suppose.

Social source share

Got this on 7" - UK only on Calibre if I'm not mistaken. Speaking of which, also got the 4 Tops doing "Your Song" on a 7" on Calibre too. I know the 12's of it seem to be plentiful...don't see the 7 so much it seems. What's the going rate on either of those...any ideas?

The 7" is def v scarce - wouldn't say the 12" is plentiful tho'. Many copies of this have disappeared over the English Channel in recent years. 'I Believe In Love' is also very sought after by the French collectors.

Girf

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

The 7" is def v scarce - wouldn't say the 12" is plentiful tho'. Many copies of this have disappeared over the English Channel in recent years. 'I Believe In Love' is also very sought after by the French collectors.

Girf

Very hard on a 7 only seen 2 or 3.

Nice old Chestnut :ohmy:

Social source share

Prefer the original by Johnny Bristol.

The Real Thing were previously the Chants. Worth checking out by them are 'Baby I don't need your love' and a cover of 'I get the sweetest feeling' on RCA, plus 'I've been trying' on Chipping Norton.

Doesn't Crufts starts at the weekend?, Chris Amoo won on the 1987 with an Afghan hound called Viscount Grant

Social source share

Just found me birth cirtificate,i was actualy registered at,22 Jermyn st,Liverpool L8,in 1967.....i think this is they`re old address is,think there`s a album with a picture of the house on :ohmy: anybody got the album?,wouldnt mind a look :lol:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Like it :thumbsup:they must have writen this,when we lived with em` in the same house,in Liverpool 8.me mother said they where allways skint,cadgin` joints,fags,coffee,etc...........true!!

true! my uncle who was a wrestler used to give em lifts to gigs in the early days they were always dodging paying him...ahh well pay ya tomorra mate whistling.gif he always lost out :angry:

they also did an all dayer at blackpool mecca,met them in oasis records earlier that day where they bought a wad of albums all nice stuff,no northern though! my favourite real thing record 'stone cold love affair''

KEN trying to trace a guy called rodney adams from granby st, hed be 8 years older than you [long shot]

Social source share

KEN trying to trace a guy called rodney adams from granby st, hed be 8 years older than you [long shot]

Sorry Mr Tic,long time ago...................he`d be 2years older,i was born in 62,they just forgot about me for 5years,and my grandparents decided to register me,as me mam decided to desert me :lol: ,then decided to have me bakc,when me grandparent dicided to adopt me,henc the new birth cert....... whistling.gif ,anyhow being a long shot,i hope he`s not kikced the bukcet whistling.gif

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert