Precsions Ep Release @ Prestatyn

Just to let you know a limited edition 4 track Precisions EP in Pic Sleve will be available at Prestatyn to be signed by the guys over the weekend priced £10. Might be that anyone not going would like to tell their mates to get them one !! Not sure of the final track listing yet. :D

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There's just 100 limited edition lovely WDJ promo style EP's and they are going fast at £20.

Regular pic bag EP is £10.

Stock will be in tomorrow. If you want an order to be sent out before Prestatyn or to reserve to collect at Prestatyn just send me an e-mail..

rushtonneil@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Neil

Don't forget mine Neil....lol another big up for it coming on this Sundays show, hope it goes well.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Just to add i can't stress enough how good the quality is on the mastering etc. of this wonderful E.P Neil sent me a CD promo a couple of weeks ago to play on the show and it's simply wonderful....JUST OVER ELEVEN MINUTES OF AWESOME QUALITY.....i wish i was able to catch the show but working.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

There's just 100 limited edition lovely WDJ promo style EP's and they are going fast at £20.

Regular pic bag EP is £10.

Stock will be in tomorrow. If you want an order to be sent out before Prestatyn or to reserve to collect at Prestatyn just send me an e-mail..

rushtonneil@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Neil

Sorry but can somebody tell me WDJcopy,how`s that work..............surely these should be given to DJs for free,to promote fourthcoming single............should it not be special ltd addition?,if i thought all them uk demo`s were for everybody,and anybody could originaly get em`,i just wouldnt bother :ohmy: i`m not trying to put people off,and will probberly get a issue.................but these look-a-like uk demo`s not for me,now if i knew 100 where given away,now that would be another story,i would want one of them :lol:

Social source share

why not let sleeping dogs lie,every real soul fan and record collector knows the score,so lets just stop bulling each other,not having a go neil,you know it and so do i,nobody does owt for nowt.

regards and i do remember you when you were one of us, unsure.gif:thumbsup::D

Social source share

Well if the record doesn't make a profit I will have done owt for nowt won't 1?

Well looks like plenty of intrest in this one, thanks for taking the time to make it happen, i know the guys are over the moon about it . Will also be nice to get me mits on a copy of "sugar ain't sweet" as well.

Thanks again for all your hard work Neil :D

Social source share

why not let sleeping dogs lie,every real soul fan and record collector knows the score,so lets just stop bulling each other,not having a go neil,you know it and so do i,nobody does owt for nowt.

regards and i do remember you when you were one of us, :thumbsup::D:D

Winking thumbs up smiles aside, that was a pretty low belt message! How about just buying a copy of the cd like everyone else will? It's hardly expensive.

I'm quite embarrassed by your sarcastic pontification of assumption to what seems to me to be an old friend!

Social source share

Really looking forward to the Precisions performing...

I vaguely remember reading an interview with maybe Popcorn Wylie or Dale Warren in BlackBeat or some other UK soul zine years ago , when the interviewee said there was only ever one male soul group in Detroit who could foot it with the Temptations but they forgot their name .... did they mean the Precisions ???

Surely the Precisions , with those 5 fantastic 45's for Drew alone, (4 of them reached the soul charts) could well be considered the greatest soul act to never make it ?

What do you think ?

Is there any really in depth info on the group anywhere on the web ?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Hello,

There's nothing wrong with selling vanity "promo" copies as long as royalties are paid. Even the majors labels do it. It's a marketing thing and it's sadly necessary because sales are so low these days and many fans will only buy "special" editions rather than "ordinary" issues.

The collector demand is for short-run limited editions and special issues so that's what is given to them. And if the value increases, then the buyer has actually made a profit too. It's an investment. What's wrong with that?

In theory, everybody wins.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

"...Nobody does owt for nowt"

No man's work should go unpaid. We all need to get paid and make a pofit so we can pay our bills and taxes. This is what makes the world go around.

Unless I'm mistaken, soul music is not a registered charity.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Hello,

The collector demand is for short-run limited editions and special issues so that's what is given to them. And if the value increases, then the buyer has actually made a profit too. It's an investment. What's wrong with that?

In theory, everybody wins.

Paul Mooney

Sorry Paul, but I don't agree. I buy a record because I like it, not as an investment to make a profit. I thought this is what everyone else did, or am I mistaken?

Ian.

Social source share

Sorry Paul, but I don't agree. I buy a record because I like it, not as an investment to make a profit. I thought this is what everyone else did, or am I mistaken?

Ian.

Hello Ian, I certainly don't buy records as investments either. My post was in reply to someone who said promos should be free but these are vanity promos, there's a difference. And I'm sure some copies will be given away free anyway. My whole point was that many northern soul fans want short-runs and limited editions or rarities; they aren't very happy to buy issue copies of common records. That's a fact and record companies have naturally responded to this by marketing vanity promos and special editions. And there's nothing wrong with this, providing the pay royalties. I was just making a point.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

I have just read this thread and I cant believe the bollocks some people talk.

Some body has gone to the trouble of releasing, legally, a major rarity and added a previously unreleased track as well and people are giving him a hard time? Who would begrudge him a couple of quid for the effort?

The group, who lets be honest, we all love and all have their 45's in our collections, are getting some recognition for their efforts and you are getting the chance to see them live as well.

Neil, or anybody else, could have just pressed up 4 of there released records, as was done when The Dells came over and you would all be complaining about that as well.

I for one look forward to adding previously unreleased tracks to my collection and offer my thanks to anybody who goes out of thier way to do this.

Instead of making snide comments about this you should be getting upset about the flood of look-a-like bootlegs that are flooding the market at the moment.

Keep The Faith?

Social source share

I have just read this thread and I cant believe the bollocks some people talk.

Some body has gone to the trouble of releasing, legally, a major rarity and added a previously unreleased track as well and people are giving him a hard time? Who would begrudge him a couple of quid for the effort?

The group, who lets be honest, we all love and all have their 45's in our collections, are getting some recognition for their efforts and you are getting the chance to see them live as well.

Neil, or anybody else, could have just pressed up 4 of there released records, as was done when The Dells came over and you would all be complaining about that as well.

I for one look forward to adding previously unreleased tracks to my collection and offer my thanks to anybody who goes out of thier way to do this.

Instead of making snide comments about this you should be getting upset about the flood of look-a-like bootlegs that are flooding the market at the moment.

Keep The Faith?

WELL SAID biggrin.gif
Social source share

The records have arrived and they look and sound great..."Sugar Ain't Sweet" sounds better than on my orginal!

The regular EPs in pic bag are £10

The 100 only limited edition WDJ EP is £20.

Anybody wants a disc please e-mail me on

rushtonneil@hotmail.com

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
Got mine this morning,great record. Has excellent sleeve notes about their history.
Got mine yesterday, nicely done, nice picture sleeve as above, the demo's are also nice, but don't come with the picture sleeve. wink.gif
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert