Kool And The Gang

Guest Johnny Mack

Guest Johnny Mack

Well folks, Kool and the Gang are in Dubai next week for the Jazz Festival - I'm estacatic, can't wait - always been one of the great performing soul groups.

Northern soulies, get outside of the box, what's your favorite Kool & The Gang sound - mines "Chocolate Buttermilk" what's yours ?

Love that funk. whistling.gif:yes:

John

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well folks, Kool and the Gang are in Dubai next week for the Jazz Festival - I'm estacatic, can't wait - always been one of the great performing soul groups.

Northern soulies, get outside of the box, what's your favorite Kool & The Gang sound - mines "Chocolate Buttermilk" what's yours ?

Love that funk. whistling.gif:yes:

John

Country Junkie, surprisingly better than the title!

Social source share

Love that funk. :thumbsup::lol:

John

summer madness,jungle boogie,most of their pre-chart stuff

Mick

Social source share

John

'Give It Up' off the 1st album is one of my all time fave funk tunes - and 'Summer Madness' just can't be touched - way ahead of it's time.

Girf

Social source share

Chocolate Buttermilk is a fantastic tune. Probably my favorite as well.

Last year I found the first LP for a couple bucks, and I was thinking I'd sell it since I'm more of a 45 collector, but then Give It Up got under my skin...it's not going anywhere now.

Who's Gonna Take The Weight still sounds pretty good as well.

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Girf

We're on the same page mate !!!

:thumbsup::lol::yes::yes:

'Give It Up' off the 1st album is one of my all time fave funk tunes - and 'Summer Madness' just can't be touched - way ahead of it's time.

Girf

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

[quote name='djr' date='Mar 3 2006, 07:11 PM' post='259370

Chocolate Buttermilk is a fantastic tune. Probably my favorite as well.

Last year I found the first LP for a couple bucks, and I was thinking I'd sell it since I'm more of a 45 collector, but then Give It Up got under my skin...it's not going anywhere now.

Who's Gonna Take The Weight still sounds pretty good as well.

Social source share

Northern soulies, get outside of the box,

John

Not a chance.

That box was chosen after careful consideration & rejection of the many other containers that were available at the time.

The northern soul box has is well crafted, cherished and offers an unequalled level of user satisfaction.

Col 'The Box' Smith

Social source share

need help on this one, the b side of one of their delite 45,s was called sunshine and was awesome jazz funk heaven, other than that jungle boogie (lees brook youth club top 45 circa 74)

John

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hey-hey-hey, what you got to say? -"Hollywooooooooooooooood Swingin"! Still one of the greatest non-Northern dance records of all time and it probably always will be...

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Love that funk. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

John

Used to like KOOL AND THE GANG, during my disco era :ohmy::unsure:blush.gif

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

Love that funk. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

John

Got to be the mighty "RATED X". Uptempo, brassy, psychedelic brilliance. Does anyone know if this was a 45 'cos I would love a copy.

Jordi

Social source share

My faves by Kool and the Gang are Joanna and Cherish.

I heard the latter when I was in my car on the A10 about to do a right turn and it came on Smooth FM, the words bought tears to my eyes.

I've always liked K and the G, although I only really know their better known tracks, Jones versus Jones and Too Hot are both nice too.

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

"kool it here comes the fuzz"

monster horn riff ripped by large professor for kool g raps

"bad to the bone"

"n.t"

remember when i brought the kool jazz lp at a blind guess years and years ago

from reckless.

then i came to the last track "dujji" wow!!! samples by gang starr for "jazz thing"

i could talk all day about this group, one of the best funk soul groups to have ever come out..period

think one of them is the dad of p.m dawn "memory bliss" geezer

Social source share

Hey-hey-hey, what you got to say? -"Hollywooooooooooooooood Swingin"! Still one of the greatest non-Northern dance records of all time and it probably always will be...

TONE :lol:

Bloody hell Tony Welcome mate !!!! whistling.gif

I've got a lot of their earlier stuff & was thinking how bloody horrible & dated it would sound now (imo which I think I'm still entitled to whistling.gif ) But I had forgotten that one & yes it brought a smile to my face, nice one mate :thumbsup:

Be good to see ya some time.

Dave G (reenhill)

Social source share

"kool it here comes the fuzz"

monster horn riff ripped by large professor for kool g raps

"bad to the bone"

"n.t"

remember when i brought the kool jazz lp at a blind guess years and years ago

from reckless.

then i came to the last track "dujji" wow!!! samples by gang starr for "jazz thing"

i could talk all day about this group, one of the best funk soul groups to have ever come out..period

think one of them is the dad of p.m dawn "memory bliss" geezer

Get Down On It.......Suck My H.......ah Zero 6 !!!!

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

I hate Kool and the Gang. I always thought they were a real divvy outfit rather than cool in any way at all.

what era are you listening to?

tight funk outfit...no not squeezing into those 70's flares either!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert