Who's This Its Driving Me Nuts

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

amazing_2_2_.mp3

Can someone please identify this track for me and include if poss what label its released on and its approx value, had it on MP3 for ages and have heard it played out loads but just can't seem to find out who it is... Thanks whistling.gif

wee willie walker "I don't wanna take a chance" it's the flip of the magicians "faith and understanding" kent anniversary single hope that calms your nerves

Mick

Social source share

amazing_2_2_.mp3

Can someone please identify this track for me and include if poss what label its released on and its approx value, had it on MP3 for ages and have heard it played out loads but just can't seem to find out who it is... Thanks whistling.gif

It's an 'unreleased' Goldwax track by Willie Walker called 'I Dont Want To Take A Chance'.

It laid in the can for 25+ years, untill myself and the other lads at Pitches (10 years ago) started playing it from my vinyl Japanese LP.

It later came out on a Jap CD.

They don't get much better. Absolutely Gorgeous record.

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Dawn this is a different version (take) to the "Kent" anniversary 45', as Sean states this is the Lp version, not certain of the LP title any chance of letting us know Sean. Gareth Sweeney has mentioned the LP version to me some time ago, to be honest not certain which cut i prefer, i think the Kent release is a little more edgy and touch more on the up when it comes to tempo.

Nevertheless both versions are brilliant. :thumbsup: Ps.The Kent version is in the sounds section somewhere, tried to find it, but gave up.

Brett

Edited by Brett
Social source share

Dawn this is a different version (take) to the "Kent" anniversary 45', as Sean states this is the Lp version, not certain of the LP title any chance of letting us know Sean. Gareth Sweeney has mentioned the LP version to me some time ago, to be honest not certain which cut i prefer, i think the Kent release is a little more edgy and touch more on the up when it comes to tempo.

Nevertheless both versions are brilliant. :thumbsup: Ps.The Kent version is in the sounds section somewhere, tried to find it, but gave up.

Brett

HI Brett, I have it on Vivid Japanese cd, although unusually it has very little detail, its just called Goldwax Collection vol 2 and has tracks by The Lyrics (3 tracks), Percy Milem (5 tracks) OV Wright (2 tracks) Phillip & The Faithfuls, The Vel-Tones, Gene "Bowlegs" Miller, Eddie Jefferson, (all 1 track) Timmy Thomas (3 tracks) Barbara Perry & "wee" Willie Walker 2 tracks. Had this for some time and can't remember most of the tracks to be honest, am about to give it a play!!

Sean not sure I understand what you mean when you say left in the can till you started playing it off LP, surely it had to be out of the can for it to be on LP? :yes::lol:

I think a Mr Fraser Dunn who occasionally looks in here and Peter McKernan would probably have played the Willie Walker track a lot more than 10 years ago! :yes:

Brett if you want copy of cd PM and will send you a copy. I believe the vinyl is pretty tough to get.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert