Manny Corchado - Mosquitos Info Please

Boogaloo

Hiya

Been asked this question twice in the last few months but don't seem to be able to get an answer. Does anyone know the connection between Pow Wow by Manny Corchado and The Fly by The Mosquitos (Same record, different labels). Asked a couple of Latin sales contacts in the States but can't seem to get an answer. Is the Mosquitos a boot or legit and what's the reference for it. Personally I think it's legit coz the Manny Corchado was only a £25-£50 record a few years ago so who would boot that. Answers please

Warren Boogaloo

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wotcha Warren

I heard that The Fly cut was a Belgian boot made in the '70's. How accurate this is I'm not sure.

Joel

Mr Finewine posted this on the funk45 board a short while ago:

mosquitos was a pittsburgh boot to capitalize on the local popularity of the corchado record, which was being played as a cover-up, i believe. i've never figured out the exact details. why would you reissue your cover-up? or maybe someone else reissued it but "respected" its cover-up status? regardless, they do seem to have had cover-ups in pittsburgh "and a HUGE, competitive dj scene "40 years ago, believe it or not.

on this thread: https://www.fryer-mantis.co.uk/modules.php?...iewtopic&t=5091

Social source share

probably not booted because of the value, but because of the rarity. There's far too many of the Mosquito's about for it to be an earlier, local issue anyway.

Apparently it doesn't have the original b-side, which is quite a nice jazzy boogaloo track, and doesn't one side at least do a bit of funny editing with the intro?

Shoddy record either way, steer clear.

Social source share

I sold a slightly warped Decca issue on ebay recently for well over £200.00.I have to admit I nearly kept it as its a superb sound but I'm not so sure how it would go down at a soul venue.

There is a fothcoming re -issue to be released shortly.

https://cgi.ebay.com/MANNY-CORCHADO-POW-POW...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah, saw the reissue advertised, from Jazzman records. To answer your question on the reaction Craig - BRILLIANT

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert