Rideout Something Specialrota Records Canada

• Replies 17
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest realsoulfan

Yes Tad, got the 12" and 7". Don't want to say one is better because they're both good in their own right - having said that I probably prefer the 12" mix.

Not heard it on 7" but it's definately one of those records which

once in someones collection dissapears not heard it played for years

Anybody any idea how much they go for ?

Social source share

Not heard it on 7" but it's definately one of those records which

once in someones collection dissapears not heard it played for years

Anybody any idea how much they go for ?

Got a 12" off Gemm for $35 to replace the one I had since 1981. That had an odd warp (vinyl had become very shiny on warp ?? ). Sold that for £60. Would imagine £100 at least for either.

Great record. whistling.gif

Social source share

Yes Tad, got the 12" and 7". Don't want to say one is better because they're both good in their own right - having said that I probably prefer the 12" mix.

12 is longer but 7 came out first, right?! Because of his face on the label... :thumbsup:

A type of your sound anyway! :yes:

Edited by them
Social source share

12 is longer but 7 came out first, right?! Because of his face on the label... :thumbsup:

A type of your sound anyway! :lol:

The 12" is just over 30 seconds longer but it's also a slightly different mix...the beat is more 4/4 than the 7"...it's louder as well. And it says 1980 on the 7" and 1981 on the 12". What's the other Hot Licks - or it may have been Rota - release by Len Rideout like? I remember seeing it on ebay a while back.

Price-wise, a year ago two copies of the 7" fetched $268 and $265 respectively...not bad for a Soul Bowl £10er :yes: ...and a 12" went for $178 back in March last year.

Social source share

Canada? My Rota 12" gives a New York and a California address, and my 7" is on Hot Licks with a West Coast phone number. Was there a Canadian issue too, then?

I saw Red canadian copy some time back after mine was stolen. I just want to replace the lost track even if its on the yellow/gold ordinary Rota lable you described.

I'll pay a good price for a mint copy

dallas

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

The 12" is just over 30 seconds longer but it's also a slightly different mix...the beat is more 4/4 than the 7"...it's louder as well. And it says 1980 on the 7" and 1981 on the 12". What's the other Hot Licks - or it may have been Rota - release by Len Rideout like? I remember seeing it on ebay a while back.

Price-wise, a year ago two copies of the 7" fetched $268 and $265 respectively...not bad for a Soul Bowl £10er whistling.gif ...and a 12" went for $178 back in March last year.

i bought a hot licks 7" as a new release - if i remember correctly i paid £2.50 from john manship

i would only sell it for silly money though, cos i still think it's a brilliant tune

Social source share

Source Advert