Singer Whistling

steve z

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just noticed the Want by Mike "Ollie Jackson" Got to wipe away the teardrops with IMO a brilliant bit of whistling in it.Was he the "whistler" :thumbsup: ??Other than Otis Reddings classic tune what other soulful tunes have whistling in them?ATB Steve

Funky Sisters "Do It To It" has some pretty insane whistling all the way through...

Godz

Social source share

Funky Sisters "Do It To It" has some pretty insane whistling all the way through...

Godz

I wonder if it was recorded in one go like a lot were in those days, or edited/mixed in the studio from various takes.

Fine bit of whistling, anyone know anything about The Funky Sisters. How many people etc

Social source share

Do you still care for me by Richard Popcorn Wylie has a bit of world class whistling in it.Great record though :ohmy:
Hi Craig thanks for your response :D I still do not know if any of the singers mentioned actually "whistled" :D Gonna be one for those that know!Thanks Stevie
Social source share

Hi Craig thanks for your response thumbsup.gif I still do not know if any of the singers mentioned actually "whistled" :lol: Gonna be one for those that know!Thanks Stevie

On a past Otis Redding boxset there were ( I think ) several out takes of Otis singing DOTB - With a few cuts showing his whistling prowess failing him and both him and the other session guys falling about laughing . . Quite poignant / sad / funny considering it was his last hit .

ATB

Rich

Social source share

On a past Otis Redding boxset there were ( I think ) several out takes of Otis singing DOTB - With a few cuts showing his whistling prowess failing him and both him and the other session guys falling about laughing . . Quite poignant / sad / funny considering it was his last hit .

ATB

Rich

Hi Rich,didn't know that .Thanks thumbsup.gif ATb Steve
Social source share

Guest recordman

Just noticed the Want by Mike "Ollie Jackson" Got to wipe away the teardrops with IMO a brilliant bit of whistling in it.Was he the "whistler" thumbsup.gif ??Other than Otis Reddings classic tune what other soulful tunes have whistling in them?ATB Steve

Dont know about whistlers but what about miss heard lyrics on Northern Records ?How about this one for starters :- JACKIE WILSON I'M THE ONE TO DO ITListen to where he sings " I Know I'm Not An Einstien " Sounds Like " I Know I'm Not At ASDA " Play the disc and see what I mean

NEXT ORWELL WIGAN PIER FEB 24th 8 -30 -2-30 With SOUL SAM & GLYN THORNHILL

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Think Roger Whittaker takes some beating :thumbsup:

I've always been a Whistlin Jack Smith man myself even though Jack himself never existed....anyone that can produce a record entitled " I was Kaiser Bill's Batman" desrves some praise ....the original title to the record was gonna be " too much birdseed".....

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

DON'T FORGET 'THE WHITLING POSTMAN' MR Z

'HAVE YOU GOT A LIGHT BOY !' 'OLD MOTHER GRIMLEY SHE SMOKES LIKE A -CHIMNEY BUT SHE'S MY LITTLE NICOTINE GIRL'.......THINK IT'S TIME FOR MY MEDS

CHRIS M :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just noticed the Want by Mike "Ollie Jackson" Got to wipe away the teardrops with IMO a brilliant bit of whistling in it.Was he the "whistler" :( ??Other than Otis Reddings classic tune what other soulful tunes have whistling in them?ATB Steve

Radiants/ Whole lot of woman ,Has a couple of Wolf whistles but i think that could be considerd sexist now and land you a fine. :thumbsup: Government are pondering the idea as we speak?

Social source share

Connie McGill & The Visions "I'm So Happy I Found You" on Camille. A wonderful cheap disc with a fantastic whistling 'solo' which is oddly moving. Haven't got a soundfile, but people who are new to this record always seem to be knocked out by it on first heairing.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert