• Replies 63
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm adding a message to any reissues that I sell now:

MY RECORDS HAVE NOT BEEN LOCKED AWAY IN A CELLAR FOR 30 YEARS AND I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN IF THEY WERE ORIGINALS OR REISSUES AT THE TIME. Hopefully my descriptions and pictures are not ambiguous and I will of course answer any questions. THIS IS A SECOND ISSUE.

can't be any more explicit than that.

Social source share

I'm adding a message to any reissues that I sell now:

MY RECORDS HAVE NOT BEEN LOCKED AWAY IN A CELLAR FOR 30 YEARS AND I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN IF THEY WERE ORIGINALS OR REISSUES AT THE TIME. Hopefully my descriptions and pictures are not ambiguous and I will of course answer any questions. THIS IS A SECOND ISSUE.

can't be any more explicit than that.

The trouble is Pete, being honest will get your listing pulled.

Ebay either do not care, or are unable to monitor the volume of traffic of 'iffy' goods through their medium, it is not only records, you want to see some of the obviously fake watches on there.

Martyn

Social source share

Ebay either do not care, or are unable to monitor the volume of traffic of 'iffy' goods through their medium, it is not only records, you want to see some of the obviously fake watches on there.

Martyn

News report about Ebay and fake goods last night,in this case jewelry,they`re being sued at the mo`...

Social source share

Martyn

The only reason my two items got pulled before mate was because some slimy twat from this site decided it would be a laugh to report them to ebay to cause me trouble. And I know it was from here because it was literally minutes after I discussed it on here. Obviously the culprit has not come forward.

Social source share

News report about Ebay and fake goods last night,in this case jewelry,they`re being sued at the mo`...

interesting, I know a few people who are making a living selling fake designer gear on ebay, lacostes etc i.e. for 15 quid 'brand new and tagged'. Obviously fake (mainly all chinese manufactured) and there's SHITLOADS of it on ebay - they're (as in ebay) obviously just pretending not to have noticed it!

None of the listings describe the goods as fake and you just have to use common sense to work out yourself whether a brand new 250 quid coat can really be sold for 30 quid by someone in the UK :lol:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Any record in the £500+ bracket, it's quite easy to decide if it's REAL or BOOT, just check out the guys who know to see if they are bidding on it. If it doesn't get anywhere near it's Current REAL value then it's a boot. The guys who know would never leave a big number original go for peanuts would they. Come to think of it they must do as I have picked up some nice bargins, but generally REAL money records do attract the serious collectors. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

It's a good job Mr Blackwell isn't still with us, he might have had his own remedy to sort this kind of thing out.

For one concert he promoted at the Cotton Club, with both the Del Larks and the Parliaments performing, he borrowed $350 from George Blackwell and his wife for advertising. The night of the show, the club was packed. Seeing this, the Blackwells approached Sammy and demanded their cut of the profits. Sammy told them to see him after the show. Later that night, Mrs. Blackwell approached Sammy - a penetratingly fierce look in her eyes. Putting a loaded gun to his head, she demanded the money. Luckily, Sammy's brothers came into the club at just that moment and dis-armed the woman. Sammy told her and her husband that he would give them what he owed them back at his house. They all went to his house and Sammy had his sister count out $350. Angrily, George Blackwell demanded half of the profits. Sammy calmly requested that his sister count out another $200, which she proceeded to do. Sammy then told George that he didn't have to accept any of the money he was offering him, but that he was going to give him what he borrowed and only enough more to make the loan worthwhile. He had given George the better part of a year with his writing efforts for Smoke to no avail. He had even presented George with two finished masters to release, but George has steadfastly refused to do anything with them.

You can read the full article at https://solidhitsoul.com/dellarks.html

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Any record in the £500+ bracket, it's quite easy to decide if it's REAL or BOOT, just check out the guys who know to see if they are bidding on it. If it doesn't get anywhere near it's Current REAL value then it's a boot. The guys who know would never leave a big number original go for peanuts would they. Come to think of it they must do as I have picked up some nice bargins, but generally REAL money records do attract the serious collectors. :thumbsup:

One of the losing bidders is a pretty big collector of high priced items. Wonder whether he pulled out after finding out it was a boot ?

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

Just tell the fukcer,robin hood was never from nott`s,its just a tourist thing,like kilt`s :thumbsup: tell him to fukc off bakc to his tree........... :thumbsup:

KEN 'THE VOICE OF REASON' ...TOP MAN...SEE YOU NEXT 100 CLUB HOPEFULLY
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert