Ree Flores

Guest James Trouble

• Replies 19
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

james have you lost the plot,one copy of REE FLORES is worth a thousand copys of ANY funk record ever ever made.

ohmy.gif:sleep3::yes::yes::(

I think James might argue with you that it is a 'funk' record :( im in two minds about that one myself :yes:

Social source share

we shall fight on the beaches on that one,i refuse to have one of my top tunes stolen by the funk fraternity,who adopt records from our scene and then claim them as funk,NO WAY JAMES MY MAN,its a stafford tune and you funksters have no claim.

p.s. i am now taking you to court for custody of the poor lovely record,my case will be you have caused this record untold mental damage by calling it funk. ohmy.gif:sleep3::yes:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

james have you lost the plot,one copy of REE FLORES is worth a thousand copys of ANY funk record ever ever made.

ohmy.gif:sleep3::yes::yes::(

the sad face is cos i dont have the money to give the record a good loving home.

p.s. ever considered having it adopted. :(

Honestly, last weekend killed it for me. I heard it five times if you include the little willie i couldn't give a f*** version, played by so called 'upfront' DJs.

Yes, it's an amazing record, but hearing it five times in one weekend and every 100 club for a year has made me sick of it. Honestly. :yes:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Honestly, last weekend killed it for me. I heard it five times if you include the little willie i couldn't give a f*** version, played by so called 'upfront' DJs.

Yes, it's an amazing record, but hearing it five times in one weekend and every single month at the 100 club for a year has made me sick of it. Honestly. ohmy.gif

But not worth keeping for your own collection? Shame you're selling it, great record, even if it is funk. :sleep3:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

get your drift james mate,still a great tune though.

and the question remains,have you ever considered adoption,ha ha ha

:yes::(:(:yes:

Agreed, it is a great record. But just a bit abused by so called 'up front' DJs.

I could 'rent it out' I guess. Or a hire purchase scheme. Not sure about adoption. :(

But not worth keeping for your own collection? Shame you're selling it, great record, even if it is funk. :sleep3:

Maybe I'm getting something better in to replace it? :yes:

You can't have 'em all. ohmy.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Out with the old, in with the new.

I sold a Re Flores a couple of years ago just as it started to get resurrected. If i'd held on for a couple of months I'm fairly sure I could have got a lot more for it, but as soon as everyone started to flog it to death I didn't need to listen to it at home any more. You can't keep them all unless you've got very deep reserves of disposable income.

If you have a need for fresh sounds of the expensive variety, selling the odd bit is completely understandable, especially when the record in question has started to reach the status of 'rare soul national anthem'.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Steady. That's a wee bit of an exaggeration in all honesty. Well more than a wee bit, but hey. ohmy.gif

No it's not, and it doesn't make it a bad record either.

I'm sure it will go to a good home.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James it's a great record. But it hasn't been played at every 100 Club nighter for a year.

I've missed a couple while I've been DJing, so you might be right. Not a bad thing if it has been anyway. At clubs you always have 'anthems', that's the nature of 'club culture'. ohmy.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

If you have a need for fresh sounds of the expensive variety, selling the odd bit is completely understandable, especially when the record in question has started to reach the status of 'rare soul national anthem'.

True, although I generally prefer to jealously hoard the precious things away. Thats why I can't even afford a car. :sleep3:ohmy.gif

Social source share

That is sth so stupid to do...honestly I can not understand people who don`t give a damn about what has been played before by other DJ`s..I really can understand what and how you felt about the tune in question... thmbdn.gif

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert