Lonette - Blue Jeans

Lenny Harkins

• 7 years later...
Guest ackers

Bloody hell Lenny just noticed the date on the original want........now that is a  "long time want"

booking rooms for TRUE SOUL over the weekend so see you soon

ATB PAUL

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Martin Thompson resident at these old shoes in London

used to spin this

Not sure if his on here or still has it

But if you can find him worth a try

Great 45

Al H :thumbsup:

Social source share

Alex Jones has one,you're right though,no one plays it,not such a bad thing though sometimes.I think its one of those"not for everyone"45's a la Paul Kelly"the upset".

It doesn't get played because of the tempo, that and the fact there's not many about. It's pure quality though, and that Detroit backing track is to die for. I would have played it if I'd been lucky enough to have owned one. Very atmospheric when played out.

Social source share

It doesn't get played because of the tempo, that and the fact there's not many about. It's pure quality though, and that Detroit backing track is to die for. I would have played it if I'd been lucky enough to have owned one. Very atmospheric when played out.

Neil brown played it at Burnley, I remember that one  :thumbsup:   It was played at last Lifeline I think and I've heard it out once or twice in recent times.  Still danceable regardless what others think.  I dare say most of the mainstream crowd don't even know it and would be scared of getting up to dance as it would be new to them.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Neil brown played it at Burnley, I remember that one  :thumbsup:   It was played at last Lifeline I think and I've heard it out once or twice in recent times.  Still danceable regardless what others think.  I dare say most of the mainstream crowd don't even know it and would be scared of getting up to dance as it would be new to them.

That must have been after my time as I don't know him. But Stuart Bennett regularly plays it.

Social source share

Guest acky6859

Cheers Phil, all but gave up on this for now .... Time to try for summit else,.....Okay who's got a Detroit Rythm Section , Backstreet instrumental?

try Guy Lenny remember when he played it at shotts place went mental :thumbsup:

Social source share