Neo Record Boxes

Dave West

You'd have to go some to break it - you couldn't damage it under anything other than extreme conditions.

Was thinking about buying a couple of these - don't like the handle as much as the Swan one (looks a bit more vulnerable), like the stacking aspect though. :g:

Any idea if Beatin' Rhythm still do their flight cases - I've had one of theirs for 10 years, indestructible.

Social source share

They look very similar to Swan and at first glance could be a bonus if you can stack a few on top of each other, which you can't do with the Swan cases if they're the same size (but they are very good I think and still worth a bit extra). :thumbsup:

Have emailed company to see if they will stack,but looks to me like the handle would be in the way

Dave

Social source share

They look very similar to Swan and at first glance could be a bonus if you can stack a few on top of each other, which you can't do with the Swan cases if they're the same size (but they are very good I think and still worth a bit extra). :thumbsup:

Doubt that you can stack them due to the raised handle 'fouling'.

Social source share

For the money you can't beat the Swan boxes, but be aware the 100 box holds 80 records in card sleeves.

Blacka Acoustics don't do themselves any favours. No prices on the website. Phone up and you get some guy on the factory floor who doesn't know the prices and the person in the office who does is always out. They may be good boxes but the poor first impressions don't inspire confidence. I gave up in the end and bought another Swan box.

Social source share

Have to say that the last Swan 200 box I bought wasn't that well put together - the lid doesn't fit as flush as it should. Given that Swan are quite expensive, especially when you add shipping to Europe on top of the price, I reckon the Neo make could be worth a try - but only if they stack. I've got a couple of old 300 boxes I'd like to get rid of - the damn things weigh a ton!

Social source share

Blakka boxes are roughly £65 for a 150 box, and that's with a 'spring loaded' handle.

The reason i don't like the Swan or Neo boxes (as good a value for money as they are) is that a 200 box will rip your hands to bits with those types of handles. The Blakka ones are made to your requirements (probably why they don't have prices on the website), but you will get a personalised quote on enquiry through their website.

Also worth noting the magma box bags. Expensive but very lightweight, very protective and travel friendly.

For a budget box though, both the Neo and Swan look excellent buys. I agree though, doubt very much that you can stack the Neo boxes; Handle is clearly above the indented corners, and not enough clearence underneath from the next box to clear the handle

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I have a couple of Blacka Acoustics 7" record cases and am looking to buy another direct from them. I've tried to find them on their website. Can anybody send me a link direct to these 7" record cases, 'cos I sure as hell can't see them. :(

It's here Denbo https://www.blackaacoustics.co.uk/flight_standard.htm

Just scroll down the page to find the Blacka Acoustics Vinyl Record Case

:thumbsup:

Social source share

I'll stick with Blakka,best of the lot

I realise that the indestructible box I got from Beatin' Rhythm ten-odd years ago is made by Blacka.

Superb piece of kit - do you know if they make a two-row box? The one I have is one row, long, holds about 150, but I'd rather have two rows side by side...

Social source share

My Swan boxes are great but the handles are too narrow & I find em uncomfortable too. Them Blakka ones, the handles look better IMO.

Best Russ

I use one of those wrap around padded comfort handles that you find on canvas tool bags.They wrap perfectly around the Swan Flight handle and fasten with the velcro strip. They just detach when you want to take it off.Makes the 200 box a lot easier to carry

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Back to Swan for me then.

In view of your last comment, I checked out the Swan website to look at how they might be stacked.

I can see that the handles drop down into a slot that would keep them below or flush with the top surface of the box.

However, won't the protective metal 'bumps' on each corner, top and bottom, keep you from stacking one box on top of another?

These 'bump's would surely cause the boxes to slide off one another if you attempted to stack them.

Social source share

The linings on the Swan case I have is foam & as such is very prone to wear. Try and get a case with a carpet lining which is much more durable. Security wise padlocking anything with an "eyelet" type bracket to take a padlock is as much use as a trap door in a canoe. Also the lift off type hinges @ the back can be removed in seconds with a good bar or screwdriver. I had to add two Masterlocks to the larger one of mine (J.M.) @ the front, and on the other one (Swanflight) change the rear hinge to a solid type, and add a masterlock to make it totally secure. You pay enough for the records, soo make sure they are fully secure. And hey................don't loose or forget the keys once youve secured the box. !!

Ricardo. :thumbsup:

Social source share

In view of your last comment, I checked out the Swan website to look at how they might be stacked.

I can see that the handles drop down into a slot that would keep them below or flush with the top surface of the box.

However, won't the protective metal 'bumps' on each corner, top and bottom, keep you from stacking one box on top of another?

These 'bump's would surely cause the boxes to slide off one another if you attempted to stack them.

I have a couple of Swan 200s already. There's plenty of clearance between the handle and the base courtesy of the raised corners. They stack perfectly. Hold on, I'll take a quick pic. Here you go... :thumbsup:

post-9478-0-06970300-1354105517_thumb.jp

Social source share

Whilst I appreciate any security measures are a wise move, if anyone swipes the box theyve got all the time in the world to sort out hinges n padlocks. With regards to the foam, I thought the foam absorbed shock ?, which obviously carpet wouldnt.

Best Russ

Ah, but a 100% Wool Axminster with a top end underlay surely would :thumbsup:

T

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have a couple of Swan 200s already. There's plenty of clearance between the handle and the base courtesy of the raised corners. They stack perfectly. Hold on, I'll take a quick pic. Here you go... :thumbsup:

post-9478-0-06970300-1354105517_thumb.jp

But don't they slide off each other if slightly knocked from one side? What with raised corners in contact with raised corners. ie not much actual surface area.

Just sayin' . . . . . .

Edited by denbo
Social source share

The linings on the Swan case I have is foam & as such is very prone to wear. Try and get a case with a carpet lining which is much more durable. Security wise padlocking anything with an "eyelet" type bracket to take a padlock is as much use as a trap door in a canoe. Also the lift off type hinges @ the back can be removed in seconds with a good bar or screwdriver. I had to add two Masterlocks to the larger one of mine (J.M.) @ the front, and on the other one (Swanflight) change the rear hinge to a solid type, and add a masterlock to make it totally secure. You pay enough for the records, soo make sure they are fully secure. And hey................don't loose or forget the keys once youve secured the box. !!

Ricardo. :thumbsup:

Good point about the foam.Gets inside the sleeve as well.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

But don't they slide off each other if slightly knocked from one side? What with raised corners in contact with raised corners. ie not much actual surface area.

Just sayin' . . . . . .

No, they're designed to stack. The rounded 'balls' on the corners of the bottom of the box are indented, meaning that top and bottom of separate boxes fit snugly into one another...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!