Dancing

Barry

Guest manusf3a

I've noticed that many on the nostalgia scene have adopted a style of dancing which has changed to a simpler, springy walk style with set steps. A kind of Wigan Walk with uniform hand movements, such as twirly hands like on a boxer speed bag, or random hand being thrown in the air like tossing a ball up or something or forming an I'm a little teapot stance (struggling to describe this here).

Frankly I don't like it, personally don't think it looks good, peice of pi$$ to do, all a bit uniform / looks too practiced and much prefer the kind of shuffling style which has far more grace. e.g. Keb.

Just my view :)

The way you describe it I can picture little "chic", and his style of step which I thought was good at that time and would be now.
Social source share

Have the basic steps for dancing changed over the years?

I notice a lot of younger people's default dance steps and the opposing leg tends to go behind the standing leg.....I can't adequately explain what I mean!!

Has there been a noticeable change anyone?

Is this what you mean Barry :wicked:

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Swifty

Social source share

Guest Droylsdonian

A brill fred.

'The Wigan Walk' - I know exactly what is meant by that - but should it really be 'The Wigan Trot'?

It has to be said, though, that most of its proponents were/still are good spinners, who saw a gap in the 'market',

for a bloke who couldn't be arsed to slither, slide, heel & toe or clap vertically when he felt it in his heart &

appropriate, so just, basically, imitated the general gist/profile of it without bothering with the established, but

flexible, moves.

I don't think you could really 'teach' anyone to dance NS & nor would there be any point. If they feel for the music they'll get it

& if not, they won't. Much like sport, as a coach, I found that kids who couldn't emulate the best sportsmen never got very far.

I'm a shite dancer, btw.

Edited by Droylsdonian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!