Larks Footage On American Bandstand

boba

• Replies 11
  • Views 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Bob,

Where'd you hear that he 'hated' American Bandstand? He certainly had personal issues when the show was at it's peak with the Payola scandal etc but American Bandstand was the one thing he refused to divest himself of. Everything else went out of the window in order to retain his Bandstand position. That meant losing all the record labels, (Hunt, Swan etc), artist management, publishing companies (Clark-Corp), his financial interest in manufacture and distribution, (Jamie/Guyden), record stores, the whole shebang.

I wouldn't have thought that was the action of someone who hated his own show/cash cow.

His TV career was based wholly on his success with the American Bandstand brand. Without that show's success the remainder would probably not have happened for him. I'd be interested in any references that stated that he 'hated' Bandstand.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

I "heard" it in that my friend who publishes a rock magazine told me. I have no reliable source, not that I even tried to look for it. My friend told me that's why he's not releasing any footage. Could be totally false.

Either way, he clearly LOVES $100,000 pyramid.

Social source share

I "heard" it in that my friend who publishes a rock magazine told me. I have no reliable source, not that I even tried to look for it. My friend told me that's why he's not releasing any footage. Could be totally false.

Either way, he clearly LOVES $100,000 pyramid.

Clark loves all his TV Presenting/Game show stuff, he was a natural, born to it. Hence his immense success with that genre.

I have to say though, having spoken to an inordinate amount of both white and black people who were acquainted with him during that American Bandstand period, the two words that I never heard anyone utter in relation to him personally, was 'racist' and 'hate'.

Guess we'll never have the opportunity to ask him now eh?

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert