Just How Many Events Are There ?

Guest Brett F

Guest turntableterra

quote name='LEN' timestamp='1353493944' post='1828648'

I do think, say 50 people would choose to go nearer home because it's easier regardless of the line-up, and just those 50 people can make all the difference to an event.

People go on about ’freedom of choice', some even like ‘freedom of speech’ - I say ‘dictatorship’ is the way forward! :lol:

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

P.s - Thanks for the 'Soul In The Bowl' plug :D

(WHERE ARE THE REPLY/POST INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE!)

again down to choice. you get used to atmospheres and back in the 1990`s grasshoppers was always a great night with johnny pearson. i wonce drove from aberdeen to be there, then back to newcastle...........

Social source share

So given the title question "Just how many events are there?" is anyone prepared to give an estimate?

I know up here in Scotland there are approximately 20 regular nights. Not all of these are every month, some are less regular every two or three months. On average I'd say there is about 12 nights in Scotland a month. Sometimes more sometimes less. So about 3 to 4 nights every weekend. I'd also say that most are original vinyl only. So given the size of the country and the distances between the nights I don't think this is too bad, though given the amount of people up here it's probably a bit high but I'd say about right. The major cities have more than one night but generally they never clash on dates so this isn't normally a problem.

However, what's it like over the border in England? Given that England has a population 10 times that of Scotland does it match up that there are about 30 nights every weekend? Higher or lower?

I often read post on here that make it sound like the scene down south is way over provided with poor nights and a big oldies vs newies split. So from a distance it sounds well f@@ked up and often makes me glad to live up here. And to be honest it doesn't inspire me to make the long journey south to attend any nights, apart from say a handful such as Lifeline and the 100 club. Rather go to mainland Europe.

Or am I getting the wrong impression and in reality it is not as bad as some imply on here?

Edited by Des Crombie
Social source share

Guest Brett F

Topic has run it's course, nothing really that insightful being said, and i didn't realise i had to report in with a cover letter stating why, topic was just a throwaway viewpoint, not groundbreaking, and in all honesty i'm trying to think of something that less interests me...

Plus I don't like people saying things I didn't say..but that's life and things find a level...ill sleep well. : )

Edited by Brett F
Social source share