Unreleased Tracks

Guest biggray1

Guest biggray1

Just out of Curiosity whats your Fav unreleased track,there is loads a tracks played that are on acetate only so come on lets have your 25 Dont Bring Back Memories.. Tommy Knight .mp3

Social source share

• Replies 92
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hard one this as there are so many real classy ones past and present.But I always come back to Maxine Browns " It`s Torture ". Perfect northern cut. :unsure:
But thats a Kent release :thumbsup: i think biggray is on about test pressing,and acitate`s Andy?
Social source share

Just out of Curiosity whats your Fav unreleased track,there is loads a tracks played that are on acetate only so come on lets have your Choice :thumbsup: Here is my fav :unsure:

Same as four top`s,but i do like tommy`s better,nice toon

Social source share

not got much access to unissed stuff but i'll post the few ive got dont supose theres anything new to the big boys

Allso never rember tracks when there anouced so tend not to no what the song title artist are so not much chance of knowing if its an unissued or not. Please dont ask where ive got them from as ime sworn to secrecy, :D all a bit cloak and dager for me but have been told its ok to post them. :shhh: or in plain english there not mine but on my mates CD in the car beer.gif

Social source share

Not got much access to unissed stuff but i'll post the few ive got dont supose theres anything new to the big boys

Allso never rember tracks when there anouced so tend not to no what the song title artist are so not much chance of knowing if its an unissued or not. Please dont ask where ive got them from as ime sworn to secrecy, :D all a bit cloak and dager for me but have been told its ok to post them. :shhh: or in plain english there not mine but on my mates CD in the car beer.gif

Rather partial to the Natural sounds my self :D#

Social source share

Guest soul4life

rescently for me has to be...DANNY DEE,S SOUL MIX! of SEAN ESCOFFERYS " DAYS LIKE THIS" i believe only 500 white label twelves were pressed and already is a collectors item! :shhh:beer.gif:D

Social source share

rescently for me has to be...DANNY DEE,S SOUL MIX! of SEAN ESCOFFERYS " DAYS LIKE THIS" i believe only 500 white label twelves were pressed and already is a collectors item! :shhh:beer.gif:D

500...unissued :D:D

4 corkers IMO......

Originals - Suspicion

Temptations - Come On Back To Me Baby

Diane Lewis - You Ain't Got A Chance

Temptones - Thats When You know You're In Love

Social source share

Guest biggray1
Can We Hear a snippet of the twelve please :D
Social source share

Guest soul4life

500...unissued :shhh:beer.gif

4 corkers IMO......

Originals - Suspicion

Temptations - Come On Back To Me Baby

Diane Lewis - You Ain't Got A Chance

Temptones - Thats When You know You're In Love

never officially released mix! so i suppose someone bootlegged!!!!!! it..glad they did as it always packs the dancefloors... :D
Social source share

Guest biggray1
Same as four top`s,but i do like tommy`s better,nice toon
Hi Ken,yes the Tommy Knight is nice,the unreleased track is a Shrine recording,writen by Ranomma Singleton...Eddies wife... The Track mentioned was also covered by the Four Tops and a group Called Passion on Prelude wich isnt a bad recording! anyone know any other attemps at this song..
Social source share

Guest soul4life
Can We Hear a snippet of the twelve please :shhh:
hi ya, am useless with the soundbite thing! if you p.m your address i will c.d.r it for you! been a big tune for terry jones over the last year or so andy drops it at blackburn sometimes.best terry
Social source share

Guest biggray1
hi ya, am useless with the soundbite thing! if you p.m your address i will c.d.r it for you! been a big tune for terry jones over the last year or so andy drops it at blackburn sometimes.best terry
Ok Mate no problemo :shhh: Pm You later!!
Social source share

Hi Ken,yes the Tommy Knight is nice,the unreleased track is a Shrine recording,writen by Ranomma Singleton...Eddies wife... The Track mentioned was also covered by the Four Tops and a group Called Passion on Prelude wich isnt a bad recording! anyone know any other attemps at this song..

I think released on one of the shrine albums,too :shhh:

Social source share

Okay,a couple of Temptations tracks that always do the trick- " Angel Doll " and " Forever In My Heart "

Also that one that Butch used to play Diane Lewis " I Aint Got A Chance " :shhh:

Forever in my heart,awsome and some.... beer.gif

Social source share

JOSEPHINE TAYLOR...I'M GONE....ONE DAY ROGER BANKS WILL SAY,,,HERE YOU ARE LINDA...I'M SICK OF IT...I KNOW YOU'LL GIVE IT A GOOD HOME..(IN MY DREAMS)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Not got much access to unissed stuff but i'll post the few ive got dont supose theres anything new to the big boys

Allso never rember tracks when there anouced so tend not to no what the song title artist are so not much chance of knowing if its an unissued or not. Please dont ask where ive got them from as ime sworn to secrecy, :D all a bit cloak and dager for me but have been told its ok to post them. :lol: or in plain english there not mine but on my mates CD in the car :D

Rather partial to the Natural sounds my self :D

That's one of Christian Broedsjoe's acetates feckin superb if you ask me :D

John

Edited by Johnny One Trout
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

One I've just started playing out Patrice Holloway - Sugar Coated Words, unissued Motown, gorgeous midtempo. Sorry no sound clip you'll have to catch me next couple of weeks @ Piercebridge or Lifeline Weekender :D

I could put it up for you if you like :D:D

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Detroit Executives "Just Say You Love Me"

Coletta Woodson "Follow The Wind"

Unknown Band "Egg Roll"

James Bynum "Love Music" (does anyone know who has the acetate, it's in japan somewhere I believe)

Fashionettes - Losin' Control (better than Butch's version :shhh: )

Social source share

JOSEPHINE TAYLOR...I'M GONE....ONE DAY ROGER BANKS WILL SAY,,,HERE YOU ARE LINDA...I'M SICK OF IT...I KNOW YOU'LL GIVE IT A GOOD HOME..(IN MY DREAMS)

And just ask Roger where he got his cut from...lol came off the 12" unknown artist, unknown track One -deful studio accetate, which i bought from Vince Ayres from Near Bristol in the late 80's erly 90's, i think we cut two Roger had one and maybe Soz has the other, message me off line. Mine is the true one off Roger's is a dub trust me...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

"Everybody Needs Somebody" - JJ Barnes - Brilliant!!!!!!!

Yes it is but the Brenda is better than that and the Patrice Holloway IMVFHO that is

Social source share

Hard one this as there are so many real classy ones past and present.But I always come back to Maxine Browns " It`s Torture ". Perfect northern cut. wub.gif

2 other brilliant tunes from Maxine Brown "Just Give Me One More Reason" & "Seems You've Forsaken My Love" ....................unreleased don't know yes.gif

Social source share

• 3 months later...

One I've just started playing out Patrice Holloway - Sugar Coated Words, unissued Motown, gorgeous midtempo. Sorry no sound clip you'll have to catch me next couple of weeks @ Piercebridge or Lifeline Weekender blush.gif

I could put it up for you if you like :yes::P

John

Are you lucky enough you actually own a copy of "Stevie"?

Social source share

Guest Kill_a_pig

Detroit Executives "Just Say You Love Me"

Coletta Woodson "Follow The Wind"

Unknown Band "Egg Roll"

James Bynum "Love Music" (does anyone know who has the acetate, it's in japan somewhere I believe)

Fashionettes - Losin' Control (better than Butch's version blush.gif )

I have an acetate of "James Bynum" and I can't be the only one?

Social source share

Anyone got a soundfile of the duet of "I bear witness" Frankford Wayne acetate, Vince & Connie I think it was credited to.

I reckon the best unissued thing I ever heard was "Magic Touch", just an outstanding find. And before any one drones on about it not being unissued due to Kent, 100 club etc. I reckon to all intents and purposes it is unissued in the context of when it was recorded and its' originally intended audience. Just because Adey found it ( and great respect to him for doing so) and released with the target of the Northern scene, I still class it as an unissued track thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Just out of Curiosity whats your Fav unreleased track,there is loads a tracks played that are on acetate only so come on lets have your Choice thumbsup.gif Here is my fav :yes:

For me its got to be Gladys Knight .Its Too Late. unreleased motown. I know it got booted about 10 years back but as far as i,m concerned that dont count.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert