Young Holt-California Montage

Guest CARL D

Hi there, just listened to Young Holt's California Montage(Brunswick) and it was an emotional experience! Not heard it for ages,but glad i just did, as i think its one of the most sublime instrumentals i've ever heard! How do others rate it? Cheers, Carl.

Social source share

Love it! One of the first Brunswick 45's I purchased and great value double sider. Used to be played locally here at the end of a night (Rushden, Northants) but not heard it out for ages. I'll maybe have to put in a request this coming Saturday :thumbsup:

Edited by 71 Steve
Social source share

Agree very emotional tune which proves that instrumentals can create an atmosphere and hold a memory.I love it and treasure my Demo copy which looks as beautiful as it sounds.

Seems to look familer that :yes::thumbsup:

Social source share

The ender at the Mecca Saturdays and Tuesdays for 13 years................................

Ok - are you saying at a single northern venue?

I would have expected a different track if we are trying to establish the most played anywhere.

Epitome of Sound. Frankie Beverley, Yvonne Baker - that kind of thing, but even then it would be extremely subjective, wouldn't it?

Edited by Jaco
Social source share

Love it! One of the first Brunswick 45's I purchased and great value double sider. Used to be played locally here at the end of a night (Rushden, Northants) but not heard it out for ages. I'll maybe have to put in a request this coming Saturday :thumbsup:

As you know Steve it was a Rushden tradition that i carried on at the Pembo was played as the last record at the 'Rock Foundation' Rushden Northants . Promoters John Warren and Andy Luck were Mecca Fans and played it as a tribute .I played it as a tribute to them. :P

Funnily enough had it on in the car the other day my son said it sounded like 'supermarket' music :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Could be worse Pete. Stuck in a lift with George Lemons playing.........?;-)

I love instrumentals but this is like elevator music...nice but can't see what you're all making a fuss about

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!