Price Please - Steelers

paultp

I have a spare copy of this which I've offered for trades without any response so I was going to put it in Sales but I don't know what a "going rate" is. I bloody love the record but appreciate it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I don't want to know what is on popsike or collector's frenzy as I can check those myself (and have done), and I don't need to know what JM has it at either.

What I'd like is a fair assessment from the knowledgeable folk here.

Many thanks

Paul

P.S. For those that don't know it, it is the first tune in this mix:

https://www.mixcloud.com/paultp/20-bloke-tunes-in-a-set/

Social source share

Rare record (and top top drawer Chicago group soul IMHO). Couple went off this site last year for £300, or thereabouts.

I'm sure there are folk that will pile in saying stuff like "anyone paying more than a fiver needs their head examined", "couldn't give them away back in the day", "I had a boxload and couldn't sell them", "nice record, but not that good" etc etc etc :sleep3:

Social source share

If it's true Jim, then a couple of questions for you

(1) when was the last time you saw it for sale?

(2) how come it went for £300 (or thereabouts) on here last time a couple turned up, corrobarated by Soul-Slider who said he had to turn in 3 ton worth of trades to get it 7 years ago and Clarkie sold one for 2 ton cash back then too? Added to which, I think JM had it on his site last year @ £300 which has gone, Steve Jefferies had it at the same price - gone.

Paul - like Boba says, it's a tough item and it's worth three hundred sovs mate.

Social source share

Personally I think it's a great record, but not in demand

There were loads around way back

In my opinion not worth 3 figures, and anyone who pays £300 needs a good talking to!!!!

Jim,

Your reply would have more relevance if you mentioned that it was your offer to me which prompted me to ask this question. :shades:

I won't talk it up if you don't talk it down :D

Cheers

Paul

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks to everyone for their opinions, I remember asking for this in 2007 thinking it was 150 to 200 and in the end doing trades from my sales box for it I think.

I picked this up cheap so I don't want top dollar but I'm not giving it away either. I think I might just take a scan of it and a sound file and put it up in sales, I'd still prefer to trade it.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

I won a copy of this at a local funfair in Yorkshire in the mid 70's which had boxes of odd U.S. records that they gave away as prizes so the UK obviously got most of these as Boba says......

Ian D :D

I won a copy of this at a local funfair in Yorkshire in the mid 70's which had boxes of odd U.S. records that they gave away as prizes so the UK obviously got most of these as Boba says......

Ian D :D

Were The Goldfish All Gone ?
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!