Top of the world, Stafford

:D DOH!!! :(

my mind is not what it was! can only remember the 'Top Dog' one :D

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

xxx

Nice one Simon :D

I have the Soultime , and After Dark ones, and the Soul Power, although the latter is a bit worst for wear, as it came in handy for 'chopping'! :(

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Some North Wales Memberships Cards whistling.gif

Others from my collection beer.gif

Plus a couple of members notices :lol:

Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

I'd like to call it a collection, but really its tat we found at the back of the drawer.

The old West Park membership (well not that old) I've still got the Word doc that I got them printed from.

Anyone got one of my old Hole In the Wall Soul Club ones (Bradford Queens Hall, Hinckley Leisure Centre, Thompson Centre Burnley, leeds Astoria etc)?

Phil

Social source share

Some North Wales Memberships Cards thumbsup.gif

Others from my collection blush.gif

Plus a couple of members notices :lol:

do not recognise the hard rock one and i used to go to the village and the hard rock (one and the same place ) a wall used to be turned to make it bigger when concerts were on.

mark

Social source share

You should pm nige brown from stafford he,s still got all his membership cards from everywhere we went in 70s & 80s he,s on he as Torchboy and a top dad blush.gif

HB :lol:

PS CANT FIND A FECKIN THING OF MY OWN thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Guys original Soultown....

Danny Everard and Dave Thorley (Winding Wheel in Chesterfield)

Detroit Academicals..Neil Smith & Cliff I think, Northhampton

Detroit Academicals.. Forgot all about that one! whistling.gif

Social source share

Guys original Soultown....

Danny Everard and Dave Thorley (Winding Wheel in Chesterfield)

Detroit Academicals..Neil Smith & Cliff I think, Northhampton

It Certainly was Cliff and Neil !

We were out with Neil last week, he hasnt changed, still moaning about what gets played thumbup.gif .

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

only one I have thats scanned in

now........didn't you used to be mainly in the funk room at the mallett karen? thumbup.gif

don't worry, i won't tell anyone wicked.gif

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Seeing from your memberships you are familiar with Cllwyd, Do you know/remember/still see my old mate from early Wigan days? Russ..? or Wuffer as he was better known :wicked: haven´t seen or heard about him since late seventies.Great bloke,and a good laugh thumbup.gif

Steve

I was in School with Russ (Wuffer), also attended same youth club where Russ use to bring some nice Big Sounds to play. He is still around but hasn't been into Soul Music since about the late 70's, he runs a market stalls at various venues selling ROCK music, I use to trade things with him for Soul items he had. I Haven't seen him for a few years though. He went down to London in the late 70's Russ was involved in the early days of the Alarm Pop Group, I used to work with Mike Peters, lead singer just before he left for London at around the same time, I guess the met up as North Walians. I believe Russ also met up with Ady Croasdale around this time, when I think Ady was into Punk as well as Soul Music, perhaps Ady can fill in some blanks. wicked.gif Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

It Certainly was Cliff and Neil !

We were out with Neil last week, he hasnt changed, still moaning about what gets played thumbup.gif .

I used to go all the time to Cliff`s Soul nights in and around N/hton,alot of the stuff

played there was way before it`s time,

have you got Neil`s phone # or email address as i`ve lost his details that

i used to have,last time i spoke to him was a couple of years ago

he had just brought a house and was doing up,has he done it yet wicked.gif

if you could pm me his details as i would like to get back in touch,

or i could pm mine which you could pass on to Neil,thanks

Dave f........... post-2848-1137786046_thumb.jpg

post-2848-1137786150_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

question: what was the purpose of memberships to soul nights over there? did you get discounted entry? did it just guarantee you entry?

we have memberships for our nights, and offer discounted entry for members. the money goes to help us financially with promotion.

just curious as the the history of that.

Social source share

Hi Shane

Took a while to find, here's mine. :thumbsup:

Give up, spent afternoon trying to add attachment with membership's, just ain't happening. :unsure:

Give's you a laugh anyway. :no:

Not trying again till broadband fitted next wk.

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Hi Shane

Took a while to find, here's mine. :thumbsup:

Found mine too! Will prat about tomorrow scannin em in and stuff! Hopefully site will be quicker by then (and my brain will be working at full speed too!

Social source share

now........didn't you used to be mainly in the funk room at the mallett karen? :thumbsup:

don't worry, i won't tell anyone :unsure:

:unsure: now then Mark, don't you start spreading ugly rumours like that :no::unsure:

Social source share

Daft story this......when Pep started up the Midland Soul Club i attended one of the venues and signed the membership application "Bobby Paris" (scamp that i was)........i accordingly got a flyer a few weeks later addressed to "Paris B".......Pep must have twigged this subsequently and said to his missus "thats not Bobby Paris...its Jim from stoke"...so when i got my membership card it said "Jim Paris"....happy days..(evidence submitted)

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

post-3993-1139936362_thumb.jpgpost-3993-1139936576_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup:

nice one trev.

seriously, does anyone have anymore to post up?

they are part of the heritage for sure. :thumbsup:

Shane

Glad you appreciate them Shane. :thumbsup:

Here's mine at last (Broadband finally installed).

I am very proud of my membership's they hold great memorie's for me, they represent being part of something special.

Karen

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert