Where Are All The Records Going?

viphitman

Where are all the records going???? A question for occasional & professional sellers!!!!!!!

Out of interest, where are the majority of your expensive records (300+) going??

>> (country/percentage)

Did you encounter a change of destinations to where you ship your records within the last 2 years (towards any particular areas) ????

Was there an increase of sales going out to: Eastern Europe, Israel, USA, Asia, Mainland Europe or any other rather odd destinations ….. ???

Did you encounter an increase of sales over the last two years of reissues/pressings & where to ???

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

im an occasional seller of cheap tunes and most are still going to the north of england...other countries this year seem to be scotland,italy,germany and norway

john mentions it in the forward of the new guide..cant remember exactly but scandinavia asia and australia gets a mention i think...and 6000 new members on his site since the last guide...who said vinyl was dead!!

Social source share

It sort of depends on what genre of record. I've sold some expensive sweet soul records that have stayed in the US. Classic "northern" records seem to go to the UK or a few buyers in California, and most funk/funky soul records I've sold have gone to Germany or Japan.

Edited by Nick Soule
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

im an occasional seller of cheap tunes and most are still going to the north of england...other countries this year seem to be scotland,italy,germany and norway

john mentions it in the forward of the new guide..cant remember exactly but scandinavia asia and australia gets a mention i think...and 6000 new members on his site since the last guide...who said vinyl was dead!!

Scotland,Germany for sure.

ktf tfk :rofl:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanx so much guys!!! I would love to hear from the big boys as well !!!!! Manship, Pat Brady, Tim Brown.....

From my personal experiences the more expensive records seem to go more and more to mainland europe. Reissues seem to go 85 % to the UK.

There are Northern Soul Nighters / Mixed Nighters with Funk & Reggae happening now in Indonesia & Mexico where djs play some original vinyl as well !!! I was also supprised when band members of Men of North Country (Israel) played a few good tunes after the show. Scandinavia & mainland Europe had Northern Soul Events for 30 odd years but the collecting side has increased over the last 15 years. Well, not like in the UK but people prefer now to collect original vinyl !!!

As it seems 80 % of the tunes still go to the UK, but I wonder if that'll change over the next 10 years or so when most old school soulies will pack in their collecting habbit. The younger element of the scene in the UK seem not so much into the ovo collecting & ovo dj'ing but maybe the new film brings a couple of more potential collectors on board.

Some more feedback also from the occasional seller is very appriciated !!! :hatsoff2:

Edited by viphitman
Social source share

Where are all the records going???? A question for occasional & professional sellers!!!!!!!

Out of interest, where are the majority of your expensive records (300+) going??

>> (country/percentage)

Did you encounter a change of destinations to where you ship your records within the last 2 years (towards any particular areas) ????

Was there an increase of sales going out to: Eastern Europe, Israel, USA, Asia, Mainland Europe or any other rather odd destinations ….. ???

Did you encounter an increase of sales over the last two years of reissues/pressings & where to ???

Germany ,Italy , Sweden Switzerland and .Australia are costing me a small fortune in postal costs :ohmy:

Social source share

Snap em in half Ian, much cheaper that way. I usually lave that to my postman, he makes a better job of it then me :-)

Yeah, but part of my service is protection and presentation of my humble goods so I can't snap 'em in half as much as I want to on occasion. Single 12" packages to Australia and Canada are a bitch where I lose about £2 a pop so I'd love to snap the bastards in half if I could but common sense and some intact loose morals prevent me from exploring such a ridiculous option.... :lol:

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

As a buyer I can confirm that plenty of big ticket 45s come to the state capitals of Australia. As an occasional seller I'm finding that USA buyers are more active than before. Majority of my sales seem to end up in Yorkshire!

Cheers.......Pete

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert