Bobby Hill Tell Me You Love Me

Drew3

Came across this great (new to me) tune a few days ago on Dave Greet's page on the Hitsville Soul Club site and I can't stop playing it from the site player (on You Tube as well).

Awesome record. Is anyone playing this out at the moment?

Could someone post a You Tube link to the record for this thread as I don't know how to do it?

Also, is Dave Greet on here? I would like to PM him about something.

Cheers.

Drew

Edited by Drew3
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

been listening to this over the last few months and am convinced the backing singers are the three degrees, listen to their harmonies, anyone know for sure?

Rob h.

Micky Gentile, Jennie Lee Lambert, and most importantly, arranger, George Andrews, worked out of New York. The Three Degrees were from Philadelphia, and lived there, and recorded there early in their careers. I'm not so well versed on the end of the '60s and the '70s as I am on the '50s and early and mid '60s, but I haven't heard of The Three Degrees doing background recording for other artists in NYC. Do you know for a fact that they did so?

I would guess that local New York Area singers were used, as George Andrews worked out of NYC. I do know that Philly is rather close, and many artists commuted back and forth between the two cities. But the BG singers on this song are not so very distinctive that I can pinpoint them as The Three Degrees.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!