Cover Ups Working Backwards

The following tracks have all been covered up can you name the Cover up artist & title & who played them as cover ups?

Black Daylight - Ride With Us (Firesign 2)

Barry Grand - Anniversary Song (Karate 504)

Traci - Driving Me Mad (Knight 102)

Joe & Ann - Runnin' & Foolin (Hermatige 770)

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mick,

Maybe somebody knows something that we don't?

https://www.northerns...il.asp?id=11308

Well if it was, it was, although most of the Knight stuff including this was well known by about '82/'83. I suppose it could have been an early Stafford record, in the days of Chris King / Terry Samson, and it could possibly have been unknown in that period. Certainly not by the accepted "Stafford" period of Dave T etc.

Whatever the time period,God knows why anyone would consider it playable, even if it was unknown.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Dave Raistrick had loads of these for a couple of quid a chuck.Traci was a cajun and and label owner and wrote all the track's they were written over a two week period and were dedicated to his girlfreind who dumpt him she was French and worked in a shoe shop.A born again Christian and worked for the police as a crime scene photographer.Gary Sole was white and a local heart throb who after the death of his wife became a lock in and died as a result of his weight.I had the privolidge of meeting him some years ago as did Dave regards Simon.

Social source share

Well if it was, it was, although most of the Knight stuff including this was well known by about '82/'83. I suppose it could have been an early Stafford record, in the days of Chris King / Terry Samson, and it could possibly have been unknown in that period. Certainly not by the accepted "Stafford" period of Dave T etc.

Whatever the time period,God knows why anyone would consider it playable, even if it was unknown.

Cheers

Mick

Think Chris King used to play it Mick, if he did that, would explain a few things, he was responsible for the whole Mickey Mouse Concerto thing at the Locarno after all! :(:lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert