Help Eula Cooper Save Her Home In Texas

Agent45

https://www.eulacooper.com/

Eula Cooper is in danger of losing her home, which is a story that has become all too common in this country. Eula and her husband have suffered set backs while they continue to make better lives for themselves. Eula is pursuing a degree to help her chances of being hired into a better job while she struggles to make ends meet. Please visit Eula’s web page, read more about her situation, and consider making a contribution to help her and her husband remain in their home.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

extremely worthy cause, for what she's given me in music I'll certainly be donating to her. probably my favorite female soul vocalist of all time, and thats a lofty title. I'd strongly suggest anyone who's a fan of her music to do the same. thanks for posting! will be sharing this.

Edited by AndreasB
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Sutty (and all)

In 2008, the Numero Group released a 2 CD compilation of the Tragar and Note labels that includes 11 Eula Cooper songs and a picture of Eula right there on the cover. Eula does receive royalties from this, so I recommend it to anyone who doesn't yet have a copy. Eula's present situation has a pretty hard deadline however, that royalty checks won't immediately help with, I'm afraid.

tragarcd.jpg

I believe this is available for purchase digitally as well, may be wrong but I believe so. It compiles a lot of her best tracks, most of which are extremely hard to find in any format. wonder if Numero is doing anything to help out as well? would be cool of them.

Social source share

No disrespect but I think with it being such a tight deadline and no way of knowing how much is needed and no way of seeing if that target is reached will make people a little wary. Also what if the required amount isn't raised? What happens to all the money that is raised?

A little more clarity would help maybe. Again, no disrespect

Social source share

Back in the day, guys in groups who had local / national hits even kept their day jobs coz they had families (like Eula who's husband has been fighting cancer for some time). If you had a family, the odd tour + local gigs were too haphazard to fund their normal lifestyle.

Guys have even quit hit groups coz the group had accepted a big tour gig & one guy couldn't get time off & also couldn't afford to loose their job.

When the Masqueraders played Prestatyn, their lead singer stayed in the US to keep his 'truck driving' job. For the guys (who still play regular gigs in Memphis clubs) this was their biggest / best gig in 30 years so for Lee Jones to 'give it up' can't have been an easy decision ...

... but in the real world, keeping everyday finances in order is the main thing.

In the UK, we have quite friendly welfare / medical rules. They do not in the US.

There if you fall on hard times, the rich there will just say.... serves you right, pull yourself out of the problem, get a job, I'm not helping, you're a waster.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

well said

anyone wants to talk about charity etc in general then start a new thread in freebasing

as for the trying to be "ironic" crap or the "clever" one liners - take them elsewhere

not needed or wanted on here

these sort of posts have already damaged enough threads on here recently, and not going to allow them to sour genuine threads such as this

if you can't show the actual artist any respect then at least try and show some to the member who started this thread and keep the posts related to the actual subject - a request for assistance

• Helpful 2
Social source share

https://www.eulacooper.com/

Eula Cooper is in danger of losing her home, which is a story that has become all too common in this country. Eula and her husband have suffered set backs while they continue to make better lives for themselves. Eula is pursuing a degree to help her chances of being hired into a better job while she struggles to make ends meet. Please visit Eula’s web page, read more about her situation, and consider making a contribution to help her and her husband remain in their home.

theres a few 1000 members on here if we all gave a little bit it would be a big help

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!