Soul Source Record Of The Day,(Some Say It's The Nights Drawing In?)Late Fall2012

dthedrug

• Replies 806
  • Views 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Absoutely wonderful Clarence Johnson production from 1977. Betty Caldwell on lead vocals sounding remarkably like Patti Hamilton.

Coffee - Your lovin' ain't as good as mine - Love Lite

gary

Yup Gary does sound like "My Conscience "" a bit to me musically but pattie Hamilton is the Dogs danglers in my book (nice post never heard it afore)
Social source share

One of my all time favourites , went to Soul Bowl in the late 70's (I Think :huh: ) got this for £6 , Edward Hamilton - Baby Don't You Weep - £8 and The Ideals - Mighty Lover - £6 - and was earning a lot less a week than that !!!

HAROLD MELVIN - GET OUT - LANDA

Top Choon imho of course :hatsoff2:

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

One of my all time favourites , went to Soul Bowl in the late 70's (I Think :huh: ) got this for £6 , Edward Hamilton - Baby Don't You Weep - £8 and The Ideals - Mighty Lover - £6 - and was earning a lot less a week than that !!!

HAROLD MELVIN - GET OUT - LANDA

Top Choon imho of course :hatsoff2:

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Swifty

That intro must be one of the most recognisable beginnings to a northern tune ever.........the rest of it ain't bad either :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Being a bit greedy with another offering I guess. Something a bit different - might have even posted it before. From one of the first albums I ever bought - the wonderful Teddy Pendergrass - Greatest Inspiration. I'm not sure why I thought of this - but hey, what a voice. You keep lifting me higher, higher, keep on lifting me higher, higher.

A beautiful, beautiful record. Stunning.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This from me this morning prompted by Swiftys post harold melvin and the bluenotes - never gonna leave you - dash.

Andy

Is this the other side of "Hot Chills Cold Thrills & Fever"(easier to ask you rather then dig mine out :wink:).Makes it a brill twofer if it is?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Just bought this for £30:- Exceptional three Unlucky girl Way out 7149 but the other side has just blown me away can't stop listening to it FABULOUS!!!!

Fabulous indeed. This is a top quality double sider. 'What about me' has been massive in my wee record room for a very long time. Great post!

GARY

Social source share