Soul Source Record Of The Day,(Some Say It's The Nights Drawing In?)Late Fall2012

dthedrug

• Replies 806
  • Views 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hear it played out a lot Swifty up n down the UK still nice

Andy , I don't get out enough mate , every year I say to the Mrs., lets start going places but never bloody do :(

going to make the effort after Christmas though , maybe see you for a pint somewhere matey and some of the other posters :thumbsup:

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Now there's a place I'd love to visit but it's a long way from Scotland.

gary

there's a travelodge 5 mins from Redbar or premiur inn think its about £30ish we always stay too jolly to drive Gary had sum great nights there worth the trip Red bar crew N Tatts taylor nail sum great music and take chances with unknown stuff to my Joy.!!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

there's a travelodge 5 mins from Redbar or premiur inn think its about £30ish we always stay too jolly to drive Gary had sum great nights there worth the trip Red bar crew N Tatts taylor nail sum great music and take chances with unknown stuff to my Joy.!!

SOLD!!

On the list for next year. I've heard soo many great stories about the music, got to get there at some point.

gary

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Mine for today is Linda Clifford's first 45 (I believe) - March accross the land on Parramount. Picked it up in Japan for a few quid about 3 years ago. Nice !

Dave

Dave

Better after a few listens,didn't hit me straight away but now can see why you like it

Cheers

Martyn

Manny Corchado 'Chicken And Booze' (Decca) - b side to Pow Wow

Andy

Makes it a brilliant double-sider.

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Get yoursen to the red bar Wakefield or Retford Just soul there top nights in my book not to mention morcambe weekender summat for everyone there catch ya later

Atb Andy

Swifty

He won't turn up he's always tired..........sorry Andy couldn't resist :wicked:

SOLD!!

On the list for next year. I've heard soo many great stories about the music, got to get there at some point.

gary

Gary,Dave,Swifty & Andy

You won't enjoy it,it's full of Yorkshire folk listening to soul music & enjoying themselves..........so I've heard :D

Not been myself yet but know a lot who do & it's spoken about very highly........count me in if we're meeting up :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Swifty

Gary,Dave,Swifty & Andy

You won't enjoy it,it's full of Yorkshire folk listening to soul music & enjoying themselves..........so I've heard :D

Not been myself yet but know a lot who do & it's spoken about very highly........count me in if we're meeting up :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn , I think I've grown up a bit now and have found that I can now tolerate Gays,Man City fans and Yorkies (just) :thumbup:

Social source share

Swifty

Gary,Dave,Swifty & Andy

Cheers

Martyn

Easy old timer even you would kick your Zimmer frame down at Redbar cheap as well now you av ya bus pass ha ha
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

SOLD!!

gary

Boys

I was talking to some of the Red Bar lads last night,told them I was getting a posse of the boys together to come & storm there night...........they're looking forward to our visit,I think that's what they said :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Morning all from a cold but sunny Cheshire!

Just picked up a copy Silk - "Falling in love isn't easy" on Nation Records. (also on Decca)

mine for today

Dave

Flip "come over here" is also nice.

Greetings from freezing North staffs!

Mick :thumbsup:

Edited by Mick Sway
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Swifty

Hi - you go to soul nights at the Masonic Hall Retford? See you there mate!

Gary,Dave,Swifty & Andy

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Was going through an old box from the loft that had a few 70s pressings and releases in it - almost the youth club box :D

But was amazed to play this and find myself enjoying it, sounded great! Wasn't too keen on it back then though....

Dooley Silverspoon - Game Players - Seville

Social source share