Soul Source Record Of The Day,(Some Say It's The Nights Drawing In?)Late Fall2012

dthedrug

• Replies 806
  • Views 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

My bloody lap top died on Saturday so I'm a bit hamstrung - borrowed this crappy lap top from the office but it's shite. It's slow and there;s hardly any sound - fcuk, sounds a bit like me! LOL

Hopefully have my machine back tomorrow. Bugger - it's a lonely old world!

Peter

:(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A lovely early sounding group dancer from me today,this hit all the bases for me.Not heard it out in ages which is a pity,not heard it out much ever really?Used to be cheapie but have seen it listed for 3 figures recently.........why?Maybe someone just trying it on or have I missed something?

The Royal Premiers - I Can Make It If I Try MBS

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Trying to keep to the cheapies.... this is the same as the Hal Miller track, and was sampled on "Fed Up" by House of Pain.

Des Parker has one for sale for the princely sum of 8 quid at the moment!

Mitch Ryder - Blessing in Disguise - Dynovoice

Edited by MrC
Social source share

One for the soul police:

so what was it Mick, for those of us 'imprisoned' behind company firewalls or on phones with no streaming video facilities. A quick post with title and artist and why you chose it... followed by a post with the video....

:thumbsup:

Social source share

B side brilliance from me today.This is the other side of 5th Dimensions massive hit "Aquarius" which charted in 1969,with it charting I would think you'll pick one up for pennies rather then pounds.First heard it in the small room at Lowton,think it was Karl Rhodes who played it?

5th Dimension - Don'tcha Hear Me Callin' To Ya Soul City

• Helpful 2
Social source share

B side brilliance from me today.This is the other side of 5th Dimensions massive hit "Aquarius" which charted in 1969,with it charting I would think you'll pick one up for pennies rather then pounds.First heard it in the small room at Lowton,think it was Karl Rhodes who played it?.

Right in the groove!!!Nice

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Gene Chandler Let Me Make Love To You-ChiSound probably been posted before but worth another outing for this cheap slab of brilliance

Yep, great tune. Everytime Gene Candlers name gets mentioned I have to name drop and say my mate played session drums for Gene.

:D

Peter

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

B side brilliance from me today.This is the other side of 5th Dimensions massive hit "Aquarius" which charted in 1969,with it charting I would think you'll pick one up for pennies rather then pounds.First heard it in the small room at Lowton,think it was Karl Rhodes who played it?

Good dance track this Martyn - new to me.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm starting to get a bit repetitive I know, but PLEASE can you follow the posting guidelines set down by Dave when he starts each of the new 'record of the day' threads.

A post containing the artist and name of the tune you're posting, along with a quick reason for your choice/how long you've had the record/how you came about getting it/where you first heard it etc - followed by a second post with the video clip.

This makes fewer videos per page, therefore making pages load quicker for people on a slow connection, and it also lets people see what's being posted who have videos blocked by a firewall at work, or who are using mobile phones without proper streaming capabilities.

I'm mentioning this every couple of days now, surely anyone following the the thread must have seen it by now!

Thanks

Edited by MrC
Social source share

I'm starting to get a bit repetitive I know, but PLEASE can you follow the posting guidelines set down by Dave when he starts each of the new 'record of the day' threads.

A post containing the artist and name of the tune you're posting, along with a quick reason for your choice/how long you've had the record/how you came about getting it/where you first heard it etc - followed by a second post with the video clip.

This makes fewer videos per page, therefore making pages load quicker for people on a slow connection, and it also lets people see what's being posted who have videos blocked by a firewall at work, or who are using mobile phones without proper streaming capabilities.

I'm mentioning this every couple of days now, surely anyone following the the thread must have seen it by now!

Thanks

It’s a long thread so I normally just check out the videos and skip a lot of the comments (not all though). That’s why I wasn’t aware of the guidelines for posting. Obviously, I cannot add posts in the middle of the thread at this moment, so instead I have deleted the videos posted above. Sorry if my posts have caused anyone trouble in loading the thread.

Social source share

It’s a long thread so I normally just check out the videos and skip a lot of the comments (not all though). That’s why I wasn’t aware of the guidelines for posting. Obviously, I cannot add posts in the middle of the thread at this moment, so instead I have deleted the videos posted above. Sorry if my posts have caused anyone trouble in loading the thread.

Cheers! :thumbup:

Social source share

Found a few records from soulpacks int cupboard

So gave them a whirl, a mixed bag of styles which am gonna post up over the next few days all sound fairly good to my ears anyhow.first off

My man is on his way= Retta young-All platinum

Hi Andy

This is nice - it's very familiar. Anyone else done it? I might have this somewhere.

Peter

Social source share

don't forget to repost them :thumbsup:
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

A proper bit of northern from me today,one that's suffered from the "too cheap to play" syndrome to some extent?On the odd occasion I've heard it out it does sound the biz.The demo's are cheaper then the issues but saying that I don't think either are that expensive?

Stu Gardner - Expressin' My Love Chisa

• Helpful 1
Social source share