Good Memories V Good Records

Barry

I still find myself buying the odd, maybe seen as these days, dodgy record,

I don't mean bad record per se but overplayed, maybe cheesy(?), proper 'Northern Soul' record.

You just can't separate good memories from these records can you!?

Evening Mr Barry

I was just about to ask you foran example and up popped Stanley!

I reckon this is still a great record mate. Its the stood the test of time, still sounds good and is a great dance record. If I wasn't suffering from some horendous stomach bug I'd be carpet shuffling!

Ah well, back to me Ovaltine.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Evening Mr Barry

I was just about to ask you foran example and up popped Stanley!

I reckon this is still a great record mate. Its the stood the test of time, still sounds good and is a great dance record. If I wasn't suffering from some horendous stomach bug I'd be carpet shuffling!

Ah well, back to me Ovaltine.

Peter

No mate, it's not a bad record but I'm sure you get what I mean

Social source share

Guest Droylsdonian

I still find myself buying the odd, maybe seen as these days, dodgy record,

I don't mean bad record per se but overplayed, maybe cheesy(?), proper 'Northern Soul' record.

You just can't separate good memories from these records can you!?

Well, if you're on about the likes of Jerry Williams, I couldn't agree more. Holds great memories, but was always such utter dross.

I could have vomited to that at 15, never mind today, but I'm in a minority, I think.

Edited by Droylsdonian
Social source share

Well, if you're on about the likes of Jerry Williams, I couldn't agree more. Holds great memories, but was always such utter dross.

I could have vomited to that at 15, never mind today, but I'm in a minority, I think.

We've all got our own views on which record/s it/they was/were haven't we mate?

Social source share

360466710580.jpg

Never hear it nowadays , but transports me back to Morecambe Central Pier 3rd Anniversary every time :thumbsup:

Looks like that copy has travelled back in time with yer mate - banging around in yer bag with yer talc and deodrant! Great record by the way.

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

I haven't bought this and haven't got it. it's probably played out and cheesy - but from a memories point of view.................

Bobby Paris I Walked Away.

As a young kid, with plenty of quickness medicine down me this sounded great. Yeah, I'm starting to really get what you mean now Barry.

:yes:

Peter

Social source share

I haven't bought this and haven't got it. it's probably played out and cheesy - but from a memories point of view.................

Bobby Paris I Walked Away.

As a young kid, with plenty of quickness medicine down me this sounded great. Yeah, I'm starting to really get what you mean now Barry.

:yes:

Peter

Mate!!

No bigger track at one time - Stone Cold Dancefloor Killer.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!