Bileo - You Can Win

Cunnie

Looks like buyer didn`t realize they were getting a 2rd press maybe? :ohmy: . Is this really gone up that much? I paid about a £10/15 from Crazy Beat in the 90`s for a Orange one. Oh my god i`m sounding like Simon Murray in his Soul Bowl days :lol::facepalm::wave: .

I was sent an FOC box full, of Blue and Orange copies (about half dozen of each) plus full Press Kit, from the label owner, 30 years ago, Wayne.

Owzat!

:thumbsup:

Sean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Am I missing something here?

A blue second issue currently more than an Orange original with a day to go.

https://www.ebay.com/...d=180991136737

Demand has risen and it's value too - throughout the european mainland including Sweden.

£80 uk pounds and over - is common for the Blue. As a growing interest has been created in Bileo, via Robot People/Things Will Be Better Tomorrow by Bill Williams (Bileo connection ?) on WCM, which has become popular also.

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

I got mine from manship must have been 1982 ish, deffo Clifton hall era, he put quite a big ad in black echoes with a list of current stuff - ot sykes - stone crush, dustin Wilson - have some sympathy, supurbs - in and out of love etc. I think you could buy pick 5 for £20, something like that anyhow.

Mine was a blue one, must have been pretty much a new release at the time I was surprised hearing the blue was a second issue, it deffo wasn't due to demand from the uk Market, only remember hearing it get a few spins, must have been a local LA hit ??

Social source share

I got mine from manship must have been 1982 ish, deffo Clifton hall era, he put quite a big ad in black echoes with a list of current stuff - ot sykes - stone crush, dustin Wilson - have some sympathy, supurbs - in and out of love etc. I think you could buy pick 5 for £20, something like that anyhow.

Mine was a blue one, must have been pretty much a new release at the time I was surprised hearing the blue was a second issue, it deffo wasn't due to demand from the uk Market, only remember hearing it get a few spins, must have been a local LA hit ??

It was a very big record though, got spins everywhere, went straight to the top of my wants list when it broke.

Paid £30 for mine then which was a couple of bob at the time.

Social source share

As a collector of all types of soul over the years and having had many rare 70's stuff and sold them to fund other projects, why anyone would want to pay anywhere near £100 is beyond me

Bileo is not a rare record, and whilst it is part of modern soul history and background, in my opinion it's not particularly soulful

There are many many records out there at a fraction of the price that are streets ahead of this

Only my opinion of course

Jim

Social source share

As a collector of all types of soul over the years and having had many rare 70's stuff and sold them to fund other projects, why anyone would want to pay anywhere near £100 is beyond me

Bileo is not a rare record, and whilst it is part of modern soul history and background, in my opinion it's not particularly soulful

There are many many records out there at a fraction of the price that are streets ahead of this

Only my opinion of course

Jim

It is only your opinion Jim, yes. :wink:

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

post-11797-0-82103500-1350732236_thumb.j

And this was my very first copy supplied by Kev Roberts via a Black Echoes advert, when Kev lived and supplied in the USA .

Which tempted me to sell my second purchased copy on a orange label many years later, believing what Kev had written on the outer paper sleeve was accurate.

Nick.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

post-11797-0-82103500-1350732236_thumb.j

And this was my very first copy supplied by Kev Roberts via a Black Echoes advert, when Kev lived and supplied in the USA .

Which tempted me to sell my second purchased copy on a orange label many years later, believing what Kev had written on the outer paper sleeve was accurate.

Nick.

So Blue could be first press? Has anyone been in touch with band to confirm?

My view is they were pressed on differant colours at same time at differant pressing plants,used to happen a lot,some thing to do with East/West coast rivalry thing.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!