Clara Hardy - I Dream Of You (Tuna)

think a box of fifty were found at a flea market......could be wrong

Really, most seem to be coming from the states in very minty condition, from a few different sellers I notice... I'm glad I bought it at its bottom price point, just like Betty Lloyd which was around at £60 in 91/2 then crept back up...

On another of the mass finds, how many do we think are in circulation on Joe King / Royal Esquires Prix releases, and were they via that The Numero group that did the CD, I never worked that out fully...

Mal.C

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Really, most seem to be coming from the states in very minty condition, from a few different sellers I notice... I'm glad I bought it at its bottom price point, just like Betty Lloyd which was around at £60 in 91/2 then crept back up...

On another of the mass finds, how many do we think are in circulation on Joe King / Royal Esquires Prix releases, and were they via that The Numero group that did the CD, I never worked that out fully...

Mal.C

err.....thats where flea markets are :yes::thumbsup::D.........had a betty Lloyd off of tim b at £70 back then

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

the prix stuff came out like a decade before the numero comp.

clara hardy's (not even mint) have started to go back up in price on ebay now. but recently i saw one of the original sellers sell a mint copy. but they didn't do it again. also, i'm sure there were more than 50 sold.

collectors are paranoid about quantity so it takes years of a cooling off period where no new stock is listed before people believe that copies are gone and they have to scramble to pick up a rare record given the opportunity.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

there were 2 or 3 dealers with this 5 or 6 years ago one of them was `pay my college fee`s` another was hamtrack or somethin like that....way way more copies of this than the four tracks on mandingo....nice enough record great intro but then it just sort of ambles along...still seems to be £200 to 250 imo tho

• Helpful 1
Social source share

that record is unfortunatly £250 at best,they are not bootlegs,just a load turned up,so the price fell on its arse...ive had 5 of them!

there has been quite a few on ebay around £200 -- £250 its not rare any more 'anyone pays more for it is a real fool .

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 4 months later...

Here's the latest eBay one I spotted as follows which went for c. £178:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLARA-HARDY-i-dream-of-you-TUNA-northern-soul-45-RARE-Listen-/221218282708?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=k%252FzkbepLk2F9aQqeEQSyrG2HaT0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

G

*rough* copy, plays better than it looks

label damage 

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-0-85067400-1367442162_thumb.j

post-12286-0-44619300-1367442169_thumb.j

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Here's the latest eBay one I spotted as follows which went for c. £178:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLARA-HARDY-i-dream-of-you-TUNA-northern-soul-45-RARE-Listen-/221218282708?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=k%252FzkbepLk2F9aQqeEQSyrG2HaT0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

G

*rough* copy, plays better than it looks

label damage 

Cheers

Richard

Ahh, the rarer played to death copy!, So someone did buy a copy on release!

Social source share

Ahh, the rarer played to death copy!, So someone did buy a copy on release!

Here's another from when it was big ticket item - think it was Kevin Cox selling it at the time

Click on the pic and you can see the condition in real detail

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-0-81048200-1367445997_thumb.j

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

mark speakman had one £150 ish

I bid $1700 ebay 2 years ago didn't get it went for 2,900, then offered a copy from the same seller, presume all other bidders got offered the same. put me right off and saved 1000 quid

great record though

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!