Suinoz

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The group were US servicemen based in the UK. Their main men were Danny Leake (from Chicago) & James Wells who went on to work with Ian Levine and then Leake worked back on the Chicago recording scene.

Group landed a UK record deal (with EMI) in 1974 and had a LP & 45 out here (the 45 also escaped in Germany). Highly collectable of course (& reissued on other labels since 74).

Social source share

I got a killer Leake / Levine production the other day -- LJ Johnson "staring into space" on AVI. I'm sure people here know it but the other side (imo) is crappy (I think it's the a-side). Staring into space is a killer falsetto ballad -- still good even though there's no harmony, very unique:

also, I'm looking for the 100% pure poison release on DRL if someone has one to sell / trade

Social source share

that's really nice on the Demo.. I was lucky enough to get a mint issue in a store in Glastonbury last year, for a fiver...the lady actually went on-line so she could hear it while I was sifting through some other 45's I thought the game was up, but low and behold she just asked for five quid...

Record collectors, we do love a bargain!!

Mal.C :thumbsup:

Social source share

It's an original demo. You can see the run out stamp INT 501 A-1 in your scan, exactly how it is on the issues. There's some issue copies with a "Factory Sample Not For Sale" sticker on them but yours is the first i've seen with the demo details printed on the middle. Definitely rarer than an issue.

Social source share

It's an original demo. You can see the run out stamp INT 501 A-1 in your scan, exactly how it is on the issues. There's some issue copies with a "Factory Sample Not For Sale" sticker on them but yours is the first i've seen with the demo details printed on the middle. Definitely rarer than an issue.

Cheers for that, lets hope, as its on ebay at the mo it gets the price :) - no doubt someone will get a bargain...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert