Montclaires

Tezza

I am looking for a copy of The Montclaires -- Hey You ( don't Fight It ) (Good copy !!)

Had a few people warn me that it's not a 'suitable' record for the crowds we attract at The Phoenix in Chesterfield but I absolutely adore it. Bit pricey for a 'stuck in the box' record but Hey !!

PM Me please !!

Social source share

just wondered what kinda crowd you attract if this is the wrong type of record ? not trying to be funny but very curious

Its not my opinion, it's what a couple of others have said. We play an Oldies night and this is deemed 'other'

You can't deny the quality and I feel ' Play it and be damned' ( If I can get one that is !! )

Cressy and a few others play it and it never fails to get people of all ilks up on the floor but thats not why I want it, its just so bloody good !!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Its not my opinion, it's what a couple of others have said. We play an Oldies night and this is deemed 'other'

You can't deny the quality and I feel ' Play it and be damned' ( If I can get one that is !! )

Cressy and a few others play it and it never fails to get people of all ilks up on the floor but thats not why I want it, its just so bloody good !!

thanks for the responce, and good luck lol even an diehard oldies crowd should get this tune surely ! after all its an oldie anyway but a quality one

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I am looking for a copy of The Montclaires -- Hey You ( don't Fight It ) (Good copy !!)

Had a few people warn me that it's not a 'suitable' record for the crowds we attract at The Phoenix in Chesterfield but I absolutely adore it. Bit pricey for a 'stuck in the box' record but Hey !!

PM Me please !!

After one myself Terry . I had one years ago but let it go.

You play it at the Pheonix m8 superb choon . Whats not to like ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest gordon russell

When Dave Lawton (Dim Dave) sold his collection in 1990 Tony Parker bought it for £15 :ohmy:

At the same time l had one for £8.00.....swapped it with carl fortnum for ramona collins on clarks + £200.00 quite a rare one think john anderson bought the first ones from the boot of a car from some kind of record distribution rep

Social source share

Always thought it was done from master tapes so official first release for this on U.K. label same as Kent releases, I would like to be educated on these re - issues.

Social source share

Always thought it was done from master tapes so official first release for this on U.K. label same as Kent releases, I would like to be educated on these re - issues.

if you mean the kent anniversary ones or the one like say..maxine brown torture then they are ok....but jack montgomery or the ivories not so good.

Social source share