Event Public Liability Insurance

Guest Andy Carling

Guest Andy Carling

I Am Running a Northern Soul event and have been told i require Public Liability Insurance. Could anybody point me in the right direction or give any advice.

Many Thanks

Andy

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy Kempster

I Am Running a Northern Soul event and have been told i require Public Liability Insurance. Could anybody point me in the right direction or give any advice.

Many Thanks

Andy

does the venue you are hiring not already have this covered

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

I would recommend any one taking there own DJ equipment into any building to run a soul night / nighter to take out PLI to cover any portable electrical gear belonging to them, IF & we all know about the IF and insurance scenario! if the building was to burn down due to a fault with any of your equipment or god forbid a punter or DJ was to receive an electric shock resulting in then never retuning to your or any other function!! PLI would be very a handy backup to have in place, Even if the venue has PLI in place there insurance company would come after the room hirer to recover there loss that's for sure.

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Just a general comment to anyone who is unaware, but an individual using their own equipment at a venue should consider getting it PAT tested, even if new, if only to cover your own backside. I'm sure insurers will expect this anyway as part of the requirements of any policy to mitigate public liability, so if you haven't got the certification your insurer may not cover you in the event of a problem caused by your equipment. The owner of the equipment has obligations in law as the "duty holder" & there are big fines & possible imprisonment if prosecuted.

I found this thread which although not a DJ the same points are valid - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/pat-testing/21224-do-i-need-pat-test.html

Social source share

Guest Phil Armstrong

does the venue you are hiring not already have this covered

Would have thought the venue would have this, the promoter requires this also

Social source share

Guest kev such

I got mine in connection with my business Public Liability. Cost a tad more than my normal premium but covers for all eventualities and also a good amount of cover.

Kev

Social source share

Guest Phil Armstrong

I got mine in connection with my business Public Liability. Cost a tad more than my normal premium but covers for all eventualities and also a good amount of cover.

Kev

Hi Kev,

Most venues insist on 5 million cover.

Cheers Phil

Social source share

Guest kev such

Hi Kev,

Most venues insist on 5 million cover.

Cheers Phil

Hello Phil.

Bugger I should have ran a guess how much cover I've got!!!!!! Yeah you're right, thats the amount I needed.

Regards

Kev

Social source share

I think it is a requirement but only if you are providing the equipement i.e. if someone gets hurt in any way, it's down to you. I've got 10 million that cost 50quid a year. PM me and I'll dig out the details.

BTW PAT testing if it's your kit is also a good idea if only to protect yourself.

Dave

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy Carling

thanks alot everyone for your input on this matter. i have had my dj equipment pat tested and have sorted out my public liability, once again many thanks

Andy

Social source share

https://www.hiscox.co...CFYXMtAod_CgA2g

Try them mate, go on their events section & enqire.......They do our reenactment events PL insurance for our horses/ reenactment group.

or enquire even

Hiscox insure toff's art collections, antiques, wine etc so they'll also be a good starting point for the insurance of decent collections. They made a reasonable name for special personal risk items.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert