Impressive Cloud Buddies

Must say I am really enjoying this medium , if there is one place that is proving inspirational its following these clouds. I am really enjoying the pincher twins selection along with Nev absolutely magical stuff which reflects that there are some very forward thinking collectors out there still today with superb selections on offer.... this is grown up soul at its best

Anyone inspiring you with cloud ?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I can't believe the amount of "followers" I have on Mixcloud, it's exactly 700, but how do they get to know about it/me, I don't advertise with them. I post it to facebook every time, I post on here maybe 70% of the time, but I don't use twitter. I do 3 diverse types of podcast, soul / reggae / everything else, I think the followers of soul and reggae are split evenly but I've been doing podcasts for a long, long time and I've never had numbers like that before. Not that it makes any difference, I'm happy if just a couple of people listen.

Social source share

I can't believe the amount of "followers" I have on Mixcloud, it's exactly 700, but how do they get to know about it/me, I don't advertise with them. I post it to facebook every time, I post on here maybe 70% of the time, but I don't use twitter. I do 3 diverse types of podcast, soul / reggae / everything else, I think the followers of soul and reggae are split evenly but I've been doing podcasts for a long, long time and I've never had numbers like that before. Not that it makes any difference, I'm happy if just a couple of people listen.

Your famous Smiffy! :D

I think word soon gets round about decent stuff through the various mediums. Keep at it mate people obviously appreciate it - your radion podcast last week was very popular and very good.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

i had a notification that my cloud was being followed when I haven't even created one ? which is a little strange

Social source share

Social source share

Yes, Davina set up an account (intending to do 80's pop mixes!) and she also got followers without actually doing any mixes...weird

Me too Pete. I've had around 100 emails telling me people are following my 'Mixcloud' and I've never even done one.

I wouldn't know where to start. :lol:

So how does one create a Mixcloud? Is it just a big 'fook off' mp3 that you stitch together somehow and upload?

If its straightforward, I might just have a crack at it!

(After I've finished burning the CD's for the last Soul Source CD swap o' course!) :huh:

Sean

Social source share

Me too Pete. I've had around 100 emails telling me people are following my 'Mixcloud' and I've never even done one.

I wouldn't know where to start. :lol:

So how does one create a Mixcloud? Is it just a big 'fook off' mp3 that you stitch together somehow and upload?

If its straightforward, I might just have a crack at it!

(After I've finished burning the CD's for the last Soul Source CD swap o' course!) :huh:

Sean

Yes mate, just got something like mixmeister, import your mp3 tracks, check that they fade in and out ok and then save as an mp3, name it, upload it, thats it!

Social source share

Guest chrislokeh

Must say I am really enjoying this medium , if there is one place that is proving inspirational its following these clouds. I am really enjoying the pincher twins selection along with Nev absolutely magical stuff which reflects that there are some very forward thinking collectors out there still today with superb selections on offer.... this is grown up soul at its best

Anyone inspiring you with cloud ?

Never heard of this before Carmen but just had a peep and a listen and i think i may be hooked.PS Bri & Daves always had some good stuff.Remember doin, some work at their houses and listening to unknown stuff they had Cheers Chris PPS Get well soon x Edited by chrislokeh
Social source share

Guest john s

It's weird, I've got 545 at the moment, and only had one podcast till last night.

So I put a few more up, including the CD we gave away at the last Go, Go Children. (The others are psychedelic rock)

Social source share

Yes mate, just got something like mixmeister, import your mp3 tracks, check that they fade in and out ok and then save as an mp3, name it, upload it, thats it!

I take it you have to do one continuous recording of all the MP3's and then create one MP3 file to upload? Or does mixmeister actually create the flow of the individual MP3's. I only use Virtual DJ and briefly so not sure if it is same idea as that?

Social source share

I take it you have to do one continuous recording of all the MP3's and then create one MP3 file to upload? Or does mixmeister actually create the flow of the individual MP3's. I only use Virtual DJ and briefly so not sure if it is same idea as that?

Sorry Jock not quite sure what you mean; I load, say, 30 individual tracks, then make sure they overlap slightly to keep it constant, then finalise it as one large mp3 file, because if you finalise it as separate tracks, then you have 30 different files to upload and that is impossible.

You know with virtual dj you have to actual do it in real time - well on mixmeister you just have to make sure that the tracks segue together, it's not a "proper" mix like you'd do with a twin turntable type program.

Hope that makes sense!

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Sorry Jock not quite sure what you mean; I load, say, 30 individual tracks, then make sure they overlap slightly to keep it constant, then finalise it as one large mp3 file, because if you finalise it as separate tracks, then you have 30 different files to upload and that is impossible.

You know with virtual dj you have to actual do it in real time - well on mixmeister you just have to make sure that the tracks segue together, it's not a "proper" mix like you'd do with a twin turntable type program.

Hope that makes sense!

That makes perfect sense. It was the real time bit that was bothering me, although I do fancy learning to beat mix Northern like Colin Curtis (no smart ass comments about my style back in the day from an Allanton regulars).

Off to find Mixmeister now!

Social source share

That makes perfect sense. It was the real time bit that was bothering me, although I do fancy learning to beat mix Northern like Colin Curtis (no smart ass comments about my style back in the day from an Allanton regulars).

Mixmeister's got an auto mixer which I can never get to work, problem being I've never really got a pile of tracks with the same BPM/tempo so it's all over the place, which is why just I set the option to "simple crossfade", but it has Beatmix 8, Beatmix 16 and so on, whatever that means

Social source share

does Curtis beat mix from vinyl or cd? I'm assuming Cd, or mps? same thing basically.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to this thread I found mixcloud too!

I've used podbean (seems to have disappeared or at least my podcasts did), divshare and soundcloud before but mixcloud seems to have got it right - a social media listening only platform, free and plenty of space.

I put my last mix together using turntables and a mixer linked to a hi-fi stack which in turn goes to my PC. Switch audacity on to record then play records fading them in and out, you can plug a mic into the mixer and talk b*llix as well (From Detroit to Chicago .... :lol: ).

The 20 bloke tunes mix has been listened to by 45 people since I put it up here and it is spreading about through facebook and mixcloud. What an odd thing this internet job is!

https://www.mixcloud.com/paultp/

https://www.mixcloud.com/paultp/20-bloke-tunes-in-a-set/

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!