Brian Selby -Mr Selecta Disc R.i.p

Peter99

Sorry - just seen Tony's thread. I'll try and lock this.

Apologies if someone already posted but.

I suspect it's of interest and sadness to some people that Brian Selby the founder of selectadisc in Nottingham has passed away. I didn't know him personally but did know one of the old partners - I think there was a falling out at some point. Anyway, important shop at one point.

Here's a link to our local rag.

https://www.thisisnot...tail/story.html

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

One mainly for Nottinghamshire, but in case anyone had not heard, Brian lost his life aged 71.

The driving force behind one of the country's greatest record shops.

I first bought 45's off him on Mansfield market around 1969. Opening his 1st store at Arkwright St, Nottingham, the shop was instrumental in keeping the scene popular with the Black Magic label in 1975.

In more recent times, the store brand was at the cutting edge of indie music.

Brian Selby Mr Selecta Disc RIP.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just read in the Nottingham Post that Brian Selby the founder of Nottingham's iconic record shop, Selectadisc has died aged 71, from pancreatic cancer,

My condolences to his family,

I remember his first shop in arkwright street passed it on the way to the forest ground, and purchased many a copy of Blues & Soul, and a few records,

The shop moved to Goldsmith Street opposite the Mogal-E-Azam and then to market street,

Brian sold the shop in 2008......

Mal

Social source share

Just read in the Nottingham Post that Brian Selby the founder of Nottingham's iconic record shop, Selectadisc has died aged 71, from pancreatic cancer,

My condolences to his family,

I remember his first shop in arkwright street passed it on the way to the forest ground, and purchased many a copy of Blues & Soul, and a few records,

The shop moved to Goldsmith Street opposite the Mogal-E-Azam and then to market street,

Brian sold the shop in 2008......

Mal

Hi Mal

I think there are 3 other threads about the same thing matey - I started one on Weds/Thursday.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert