Jim O'hara - Allanton/shotts All Nighters

Jim Ohara

hey mate

Impromptu visit into edin with Tina

Ended up finishing what we had to do and called Mr Jocko to see if he was around

Ended up pretty pretty pissed after jock Keith and carol met us after hibs game

He was talking about organising some central Scotland reunion - don't know if fife is in central Scotland though???

• Helpful 1
Social source share

After the dance :-The Ruff Cut Soul Crew on double time its 09:00 am on a sunday morning in a small town called Allanton in Scotland aka Shotts allnighter ........a couple of authentic photos from way back then of The fastest cleaners in Scotland .....aka The Phantom Janitors.....

defo ktf and right on right on tfk :rofl:

post-3067-0-65287200-1350239804_thumb.jp

post-3067-0-31616500-1350239848_thumb.jp

post-3067-0-33575200-1350239882_thumb.jp

post-3067-0-65287200-1350239804_thumb.jp

post-3067-0-31616500-1350239848_thumb.jp

post-3067-0-33575200-1350239882_thumb.jp

Social source share

Great pics andy, the phantom janitors indeed

Brings back the memories I must admit

Jim

Yep i have one of me to from the same batch - checking out the quality control etc job done etc ....hey if ya didna get it right first time -there was "No Second Chance" :yes:

just trying to work out who were your Ruff Cut Soul Crew after the event workforce ?

1}Kerso

2]Kerso -Neil ?

3]You and ?

tfk :rofl:

Edited by tfk
Social source share

1. Kerso

2. Kerso, Neil, Jim Tennant?

Right when's the reunion, we can wet my babies head (when he / she arrives) anytime now :)

Yep i have one of me to from the same batch - checking out the quality control etc job done etc ....hey if ya didna get it right first time -there was "No Second Chance" :yes:

just trying to work out who were your Ruff Cut Soul Crew after the event workforce ?

1}Kerso

2]Kerso -Neil ?

3]You and ?

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

The after event workforce through thick and thin were -

Kerso

Wee Davie Mitchell

JG (John Carr)

Me (obviously)

Some other friends like John Warrington & Linda, Roz & John sharp etc.

All of the above helped with the coffee bar, cleaning up etc. and believe me I will always be in debt to them (song in there somewhere), as without their help, it would never have worked - they were great friends who really helped me alot

Others did muck in at times, Neil, Tina, Etc., but I don't think I ever seen mr Whitmore with a sweeping brush???

Anyway thanks to all that helped, it would not have happened without you

As for a reunion Byrney ???

Best

Jim

Social source share

Kerso

Wee Davie Mitchell

JG (John Carr)

Me (obviously)

All of the above helped with the coffee bar, cleaning up etc. and believe me I will always be in debt to them (song in there somewhere), as without their help, it would never have worked - they were great friends who really helped me alot

Others did muck in at times, Neil, Tina, Etc., but I don't think I ever seen mr Whitmore with a sweeping brush???

Best

Jim

COUGH COUGH, FORGET SOMEONE.

At least give me recognition for always ensuring there was noone left in the hall by 8am!!

PS Mr Walls for earlier comment I will deal with you later, but, correct me if I am wrong, which you know I never am, I always thought that, even in lands that time forgot many years ago like fife, phones worked 2 ways.....

Edited by jocko
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Kerso

Wee Davie Mitchell

JG (John Carr)

Me (obviously)

Best

Jim

Aye-always kinda mucked in Jim.... i can remember helping the Phanthom Janitors along by whistling while we worked???....i seem to think "Dust my broom" always went down well :thumbsup: ....right am off to sit in the shade for a wee while :hypo:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Andy. That was a fire alarm. Ozzie had set fire to a car outside ;-)

Tee hee -good call there Byrney... yep that sounds like Ozzie for sure and not a bad idea to? you had to keep warm on those cold Scottish wintery nights [and you could never rely on them peasky heaters that Jim had provided ]....any news on the wain yet Byrney ?

Social source share

Hi Jim, you won't remember me from Shotts, I was but a shy quiet youngster back then, I spent most of the time on the dancefloor or in the record room. Went to most nights down on Ackys bus from Aberdeen. Anyway, just wanted to say how much Shotts influenced me, such fantastic nights and memories, great people, spine tingling sounds, records that I heard there first that Im still hunting down. Scotlands scene has never been the same since. Des

Social source share

Morning good people. Here's one from... ahem...'Scotland'....think it might be in the lobby

Good one of Ozzie about to let loose :wicked: with Hayley, Big Harry, Kerso and some bloke from an East Midlands 30 somethings boy band :rofl:

post-1402-0-89975600-1350807459_thumb.jp

P.S Andy, still waiting on the arrival :thumbsup:

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Nice one chalky

I still have all of these somewhere

And even still have the flag in my garage - Never even been washed since the day I bought it for the first nighter

All the best

Jim

I'd love to see some of the others Jim, I did have the first circular but it's got lost over time.

Social source share

Morning good people. Here's one from... ahem...'Scotland'....think it might be in the lobby

Good one of Ozzie about to let loose :wicked: with Hayley, Big Harry, Kerso and some bloke from an East Midlands 30 somethings boy band :rofl:

post-1402-0-89975600-1350807459_thumb.jp

P.S Andy, still waiting on the arrival :thumbsup:

great photo mate. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Alright Jim Hope youre well fella, so many great times at Allanton great venue great bunch of lads too, yourself, Barney, Mr Neilson, Wee Davie, JG many many great nights, I still see Kerso, Steve and Alan now and again t'was a great time to be a rare soul fan in Scotland, Oh and of course the secret room at the back of the stage where the world was put to rights :wink:

Big Harry

Social source share

The Windsor Hotel on September 14th, was in fact my wedding reception.

Talking of video cameras Steve , what ever happened to the video of Glenrothes 1st Anniversary !! Jim Tennant assured me weeks later it was for private viewing only but I'd love to see a copy nowadays !!! Still got me paper patch !! :shhh:

If there was ever a time to celebrate the years of The Crown at Thornton , Glenrothes , Allanton , etc .. that put the scots scene on the map as a monthly ride up north for our english comrades in those dark and gloomy recession hIt eighties ( no change there in nearly thirty years !! )

it's NOW !!! :thumbsup:

Let's get a bloody national reunion organised !!!! :thumbup:

Although I think we'd need a full risk assessment for the table dancers nowadays !!! :wicked:

c64_OutsideofY2010.jpg

Edited by 123-motown
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Perhaps this can be a chance for the Allanton mob to meet up again?

https://www.truesoul.co.uk/index.html

Hi Byrney

Thanks for the thumbs up ....yes we have been exchanging with Mr Ruff Cut himself Jim O'Hara {Currently on another jet setting world tour but did manage to nail him down from his sun lounger somewere in Majorca ??? well Australia actually} and we are defo going ahead with the Allanton/Shotts reunion - more info to follow very very soon re this session......so as they say in the movies you had better watch this space and look out for The return of The Ruff Cut Soul Crew aka The Phantom Janitors and in the words of "Mr Lenny Harkins" :-Strap yourself in here we go again !!!!!

ktf tfk :rofl:

Sssshhhh wiv just done a wee raid on Jims garage and found this beauty???? Authentic Allanton /Shotts memorabilia ?????

post-3067-0-70995200-1352128618_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Hi Byrney

Thanks for the thumbs up ....yes we have been exchanging with Mr Ruff Cut himself Jim O'Hara {Currently on another jet setting world tour but did manage to nail him down from his sun lounger somewere in Majorca ??? well Australia actually} and we are defo going ahead with the Allanton/Shotts reunion - more info to follow very very soon re this session......so as they say in the movies you had better watch this space and look out for The return of The Ruff Cut Soul Crew aka The Phantom Janitors and in the words of "Mr Lenny Harkins" :-Strap yourself in here we go again !!!!!

Sssshhhh wiv just done a wee raid on Jims garage and found this beauty???? Authentic Allanton /Shotts memorabilia ?????

We have now confirmed the original resident DJ line from those iconic days of The Allanton/Shotts allnighters -DJs confirmed and playing at this session will be no other than the original trendsetting DJs Jock O'Connor...Andy Dennison...Keith Whitson...Alan Walls....Steve Walls and Colin Law. all with the Golden seal of approval by no other than Mr Ruff Cut Soul Crew himself Jim O'Hara who will be along for the weekender.

toots n duke promos

Edited by tfk
Social source share

That's it then, reunion of the faithful sorted. Just think of the chaos this will be with the London, East Mids, Yorks, Preston / North West old troops etc meeting up with the barmy Scotts.

Cheers Andy and Wee Man CL for sorting it.

Andy, you sorting the Botox and fillers?

We have now confirmed the original resident DJ line from those iconic days of The Allanton/Shotts allnighters -DJs confirmed and playing at this session will be no other than the original trendsetting DJs Jock O'Connor...Andy Dennison...Keith Whitson...Alan Walls....Steve Walls and Colin Law. all with the Golden seal of approval by no other than Mr Ruff Cut Soul Crew himself Jim O'Hara who will be along for the weekender.

toots n duke promos

Social source share

Guest Mr messyhead

ALLOA "SPARRA' "

Welcome back hope you're well ! How's things ? What have been up to ? It's been years matey. Still got your tapes from years ago

Doug (formely from Abdn)

Social source share

• 5 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!