Rozetta Johnson R.i.p

Roburt

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well the report of her funeral I posted was dated March 31st, 2011 ... & I certainly didn't think that they had buried her before she had actually died !!!

The reason I posted that report up was that the fact she had passed was new to me .... & I don't believe it had been posted up on here before.

Social source share

Well the report of her funeral I posted was dated March 31st, 2011 ... & I certainly didn't think that they had buried her before she had actually died !!!

The reason I posted that report up was that the fact she had passed was new to me .... & I don't believe it had been posted up on here before.

Not directly reported but mentioned in passing back in February in the 'Dave Godin' Deep soul CD thread. I was quite shocked and asked Paul Mooney about it who had been in regular contact with her. Paul knows the background but she was delighted by the belated recognition she received for the 45 and Cd that was put out.

Mike

Social source share

That's true Mike.

She'd had cancer since 1993. Until her death she sang in church each weekend.

I learned of her death at the time via this rare interview, done as a School Project in 2008.

She tells the story of how she 'almost' became a 'Supreme'.

Watch it until the end. Very interesting stuff.

Great singer. Pity that UK trip never came to fruition Ady.

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert