Ebay Watchers

Bo Diddley

I've just noticed that when you look at a record on eBay, it now tells you how many people are watching it.

I've not been able to see this before. It's intereting to see how many people are watching certain records. No doubt some may bid, but some just curious.

Is this new or have I not been viewing the most upto date version??

Kev Bod

Social source share

you have the option to add a counter to the bottom of an auction when listing, so that people visiting the auction page can see how many times its been seen. This can be turned off easily though too, so it just depends on the seller's preference of if he/she wants it to be seen by the others or not. the seller can always see that information though.

unless now you as the bidder have the option to see how many other people are watching it too? I've never seen that...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I've just noticed that when you look at a record on eBay, it now tells you how many people are watching it.

I've not been able to see this before. It's intereting to see how many people are watching certain records. No doubt some may bid, but some just curious.

Is this new or have I not been viewing the most upto date version??

Kev Bod

It seems all new on eBay USA now ,just today infact ..weird ..everything seems large font on my pc and some of the options have moved about ..

Auction only or buy it now has been moved around ..the completed items has been put on the main page instead of advanced options ..

Evolution ...I hate change :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

how many.

Just interesting I suppose. Gives you an idea of likely competition if you think you've found a hidden gem!! :D

Hidden gems are more likely to be mis spelt items ,items in wrong sections or hidden amongst a pack of records ..

Most items I spot early end up being the most watched items by the end of the week :(

Had my eye on three tasty ones last week and lost every one of em to high bids :(

Don't despair ..it could be that most watchers are just rubber kneckers :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've just had a look at a couple on eBay.com and can't see the watchers (I can see the number of page views, but that's always been there) I'm logged in too and still can't find it - Where on the page should I be looking?

Cheers

Mick

Same for me Mick. I can't see watchers either. Is the count on main page, bid page etc? Thanks

Social source share

Never thought of that Mick - I've just checked, but no, still not showing. I wonder if it's a browser thing? I'm using firefox

Don't think it's browser related. IE9 here. I've tried adding a new 45 in ebay.com which I would guess would have a a few watchers on and still can't see a "count for watchers." :g:

Edited by Mick McGarry
Social source share

Hi Mike, Not sure how to copy screen onto this reply but here's a PDF screen print

Thanks Kev,

Here's a screen shot from your doc

post-4623-0-17902400-1348314672_thumb.jp

OK, the first thing I see is that you are watching it yourself, maybe that's the way. I think a few of us were thinking you could see watchers on any item, (like collectors frenzy), not just items you have set up to watch yourself.

Still useful to see this though

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Thanks Kev,

Here's a screen shot from your doc

post-4623-0-17902400-1348314672_thumb.jp

OK, the first thing I see is that you are watching it yourself, maybe that's the way. I think a few of us were thinking you could see watchers on any item, (like collectors frenzy), not just items you have set up to watch yourself.

Still useful to see this though

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick,

It also works like that for items I'm not watching

Social source share

Isn't it just the seller who can see how many are watching. I've not seen it on any items I've viewed this afternoon.

Think that's the point we're trying to get to chalky.......as potential buyers most of us don't seem to be able to see how many other watchers there are on the item we're watching. But it seems some can.

The screen shot is from a 'buyer' rather than a seller, I think??

Social source share

Neither have I chalky,Just had a look and still nothing. But in that screen shot it clearly states it in orange text next to the "add to list" bit. In fact that whole area looks different to how I see it.

I can't see it either on anything I'm watching on .co.uk or .com and like you I'm not seeing anything like the screenshot.

Social source share

Hi Folks,

On that screen shot item, I'm not the seller OR a Bidder. It was just a 45 I was watching. I get the same info on other 45s as well, even if they are not on my watch list.

My screen just changed yesterday. Didn't reset anything or adjust any bits and bobs.

Only works for me on ebay.com so far.

A bit of a mystery as some seem to have this facility and some don't.

:g:

Social source share

I had a look on the ebay discussion forum and a few people have posted that their screens changed on the 21st Sep.

I still can't see watchers though :(

I wonder if it is a location related thing? i.e. if your account is in the UK or on ebay.co.uk your screen will be different to someone who is only registered on the .com site?

Dunno really

Edited by paultp
Social source share

Hi Folks,

On that screen shot item, I'm not the seller OR a Bidder. It was just a 45 I was watching. I get the same info on other 45s as well, even if they are not on my watch list.

My screen just changed yesterday. Didn't reset anything or adjust any bits and bobs.

Only works for me on ebay.com so far.

A bit of a mystery as some seem to have this facility and some don't.

:g:

same here Bo, just started happening last week, and only ebay.com (not selling myself btw) would post up a screen shot of one I got my beedy eye on,but don't want any more watchers :wicked: You see the numbers of watchers before you start watching yourself as well, bit of a throwback to that old site that gave you loads of info on who was watching items, can't remember site name? All I want is a site that tells you what anyone's max bid will be... now that would be nice! :D

using Firefox as browser

steve

Social source share

as far as i am aware there both on ie9 both windows 7 i set them both up and the wife sure hasn't changed anything so your guess is as good as mine

Could the inability to see the Watchers field be caused by having an old version of Java on your computer? At one time I couldn't see the players on Craig Moerer's listings, and that turned out to be the reason.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!