Crazy Prices

Barry

This isn't a northern record, sweet soul people are looking for it.

That said, I think it's mediocre sweet soul. It is rare. I think it was totally unknown until Joe Giattino got ahold of and sold a bunch of copies like 5-6 years ago, it wasn't expensive then, that must have been all the copies.

Social source share

This isn't a northern record, sweet soul people are looking for it.

That said, I think it's mediocre sweet soul. It is rare. I think it was totally unknown until Joe Giattino got ahold of and sold a bunch of copies like 5-6 years ago, it wasn't expensive then, that must have been all the copies.

I got one of those for between 50 and 100 dollars.

it had an edge warp which I stupidly tried to repair but ended up trashing the record so it went in the bin...........

there is no way i'd be splashing nearly 1k on this 45 can't some people find decent records cheap any more its not that hard to do is it ?? :g:

Social source share

I think I may have been out of order in a way with this thread as I more than most respect the fact that tracks are individual matters to the individual that desires them.

Scene's move on, people dance on different dancefloors these days and I ain't there it appears - so no disrespect meant.

(Lot of money about though ay?)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

that is not an unreasonable price for an original of that LP

its at the top end of what I would want to pay but its certainly not a ridiculous price.

hardly ever see this for sale on open market.

I noticed he has another rare turbo LP up as well but I don't know the other one.

Social source share

that is not an unreasonable price for an original of that LP

im always suspicious when there is only one bid , maybe they get a mate to bid on it so they either get some desperado to go and outbid it thus getting what they want ,if that doesnt work out and nobody bids maybe re list later when its been forgotten about , just my theory thats all.
Social source share

If it was this one you bought then you bought the japanese reissue:

The original US Turbo issue is very rare.

not heard the turbo lp,but been reliably informed the p-vine is far better sound quality,anyone comment on that
Social source share

not heard the turbo lp,but been reliably informed the p-vine is far better sound quality,anyone comment on that

They're pretty much the same. Both sound crap and are extremely bass-heavy.

Doesn't really matter though. The P-Vine issue shouldn't be of interest to anyone who collects original issues. It's a reissue from 1990. The original LP is from 1971.

Social source share

Doesn't really matter though. The P-Vine issue shouldn't be of interest to anyone who collects original issues. It's a reissue from 1990. The original LP is from 1971.

Unless you collect P-Vine LP's.

Social source share

Ofcourse. I didn't say anything about that.

I just find it a bit funny that some people who otherwise are original-vinyl-only somehow think it's OK to play P-Vine reissues from the 90's as "originals".

Oh well! :)

Yes agree.But a couple of the P-Vine LP's contain unreleased stuff. :thumbsup: Sorry for the off topic.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

P-vine is taken from the Turbo vinyl as far as I am aware and an attempt to clean it up a bit was made, as you say not much in them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!