Columbus Recorders Acetate Of Rick Baker - That's Called Love

Mal C

Just got a Columbus Recorders Acetate of Rick Baker - that's called love, double sided per the released version I think, with 'Got You' on the flip, very interesting thing, wondered if anybody knows much about Rick, and Columbus Recorders? I know this was picked up in a Goodwill shop in Sacramento, CA. seller said there were several musically similar promotional, DJ-copy 45s from the same time period (nothing noteworthy) in the bin with it, all priced on the same day,so it is speculation that it came from the collection of an ex-radio DJ.

Mal

post-2025-0-41288600-1347785646_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

These 2 tracks came out on Marquette Records based at 287 Sunshine Drive, Pacifica, California. Around 1968/69 .

I know nothing or could find nothing about him when I picked the 45 up as I had hoped he had more recordings out there?

Arranged by Gene Page and produced by Marshall Johnson who wrote both tracks.

I did give this a spin at the last Soul Essence on the saturday afternoon in the main room, which got a good response and a few questions (which is always nice). Both sides are great tunes but TCL does it for me.

I was also looking at this acetate but as I already a mint copy so I dipped out of bidding.

That's all the info I have.

Footnote: check out the Mystics on the same label another sleeper waiting to go IMHO.

TMIB

Dave Halsall

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert